Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasr789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
I am struggling with the Studio Display and experiencing audio-related issues. The sound unexpectedly and abruptly cuts out or gets distorted and choppy. I called Apple, and they put me on a 15 min hold, and then the associate told me to get ready for a 45 min ordeal. I asked if this was a common issue, and he told me that if it were, then Apply would be all over it. meh...
They want to collect logs from the exact moment when the issue happens. I understand the intent; however, I run my own business, and I didn't pay $1.6k for these experiments. It isn't very pleasant to join client calls only to realize the audio isn't working and I have to go the old-school crtl+alt+del MS-route to get back in on the action.
I love the display but have no time for these shenanigans.
They've setup another 60-min call tomm to go through this circus. The display is literally 4 weeks old. I'd be happy to just get my money back. My old LG is still sitting in the box.

Am I missing anything here?

designerdave72

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2010
I’m a week in to mine and have had only a few system display issues but no audio problems ie: windows displaced, screen glitching. After searching I’ve found rebooting the display worked so far for a couple of those problems. Could be a hardware issue after the apple update. Hope you get it sorted. It’s a lot of money to have a carp load of issues.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I am struggling with the Studio Display and experiencing audio-related issues. The sound unexpectedly and abruptly cuts out or gets distorted and choppy. I called Apple, and they put me on a 15 min hold, and then the associate told me to get ready for a 45 min ordeal. I asked if this was a common issue, and he told me that if it were, then Apply would be all over it. meh...
They want to collect logs from the exact moment when the issue happens. I understand the intent; however, I run my own business, and I didn't pay $1.6k for these experiments. It isn't very pleasant to join client calls only to realize the audio isn't working and I have to go the old-school crtl+alt+del MS-route to get back in on the action.
I love the display but have no time for these shenanigans.
They've setup another 60-min call tomm to go through this circus. The display is literally 4 weeks old. I'd be happy to just get my money back. My old LG is still sitting in the box.

Am I missing anything here?
What Mac and macOS version are you running? Is the display connected with the supplied cable or 3rd party?

Reactions: ascender
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.