Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diloricating

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2022
First post, woo. So I have a Studio Display with Windows 11 setup and I keep hitting brick walls. I’ve tried connecting it to my system through two ways, and each seems to have a different problem. What I’m experiencing for each method is listed below:

1. Belkin VR Headset Cable: the monitor will not usually display POST, but Windows will boot with no picture. I know this because the display will play the “welcome” chime. To get around this, I had to connect another monitor. BIOS will load on the second monitor and Windows will load (with a picture) on the Studio Display after the second monitor passes POST. This is with the Studio Display set as my primary monitor. All features work.

2: Thunderbolt: I have a Titan Ridge card and a compatible motherboard. Using a TB cable, the Studio Display will show POST, but will not display Windows. Again, the second monitor will then display Windows. My computer seems to be detecting the Studio Display and have the correct settings, but will not give me a picture.

Has anyone experienced any of this before or have any suggestions? I’ve already tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers and basic things of that sort. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.