Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazzer21-2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
My Mac shows me in the system settings when my 1 years limited warranty runs out. Also tells me about the other Macs on my network, which is nice! Is there anything similar for a Studio Display anywhere? Given that it has a CPU in it, is that something that is reported via the OS? My Mac and my Studio Display were unboxed a couple of weeks after I received them. I can't remember what the setup process was, so I hope the 1-year starts when first used, rather than the invoice date?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
My Mac shows me in the system settings when my 1 years limited warranty runs out. Also tells me about the other Macs on my network, which is nice! Is there anything similar for a Studio Display anywhere? Given that it has a CPU in it, is that something that is reported via the OS? My Mac and my Studio Display were unboxed a couple of weeks after I received them. I can't remember what the setup process was, so I hope the 1-year starts when first used, rather than the invoice date?
Apple warranties start on the date sold. You can look up Apple warranty dates at https://checkcoverage.apple.com

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
The Serial Number for your Studio Display can be found in System Information app > Graphics/Displays > (click on the GPU your display is attached to) > Studio Display > Display Serial Number

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.