Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xmlking1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2022
I ordered Studio Display with VESA mounting. I have an uplift desk solid wood desk 72 x 30.
can you please recommend the best matching mount Arm? budget is up to $350

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I ordered Studio Display with VESA mounting. I have an uplift desk solid wood desk 72 x 30.
can you please recommend the best matching mount Arm? budget is up to $350

Are there any features you're looking for? Such as full motion articulating arms. Dual/Triple mount.

Are you willing to bolt it to the desk?

Ergotron is one of the best names in this area I know of.

xmlking1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2022
Thanks. will check Ergotron. I am thinking of just one monitor on my desktop. yes, I am Ok to bolt to the desk.
looking for flexible Arm to Hight and tilt adjust frequently when I want to move the monitor closer
if it matches Apple Display's look & feel, that is a bonus.

xmlking

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Ordered Humanscale m8.1 polished aluminum from CDW.
Current setup waiting for apple studio display vesa version

Attachments

• 74D3CC9B-86CC-4C55-8994-2E9AC335F2DC.jpeg
    74D3CC9B-86CC-4C55-8994-2E9AC335F2DC.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 1,861
  • 2AE6FDB3-0888-4EAA-BB2D-D8D4A071A81C.jpeg
    2AE6FDB3-0888-4EAA-BB2D-D8D4A071A81C.jpeg
    562.4 KB · Views: 1,378
  • D825A663-98E5-4694-9BEF-7261203222AC.jpeg
    D825A663-98E5-4694-9BEF-7261203222AC.jpeg
    455.4 KB · Views: 1,104

learjet

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2021
Apple Studio Display vesa version finally arrived. Mounted on HumanScacle M8.1 monitor arm.
Alright, sweet. I have questions:
  • What is the dual arm in the middle?
  • In the middle there's a video conference backlight, I figured that out. But what's the mount on the left, is that some kind of mount thingy for your Macbook?
  • What about the hammock-like thing under your desk, what is that? :)

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
Apple Studio Display vesa version finally arrived. Mounted on HumanScacle M8.1 monitor arm.
woww cool setup.

what kind of standing desk it? beautiful wood top.

Ive been thinking if doing a similar setup, but one thing im worried about is monitor wobble.

Do you experience monitor wobble with your studio display mounted on the standing desk when typing, etc? Is wobble ever something you notice?

edanuff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
I went with a pair of Humanscale 2.1 arms. I’ve used Ergotron in the past and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them but liked the Humanscale design a bit more. The 2.1 is fine with this monitor weight so I didn’t think the 8.1 was necessary. Unlike cheaper monitor arms, the Humanscale and Ergotron weight ratings are fairly accurate.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I also have an Humanscale M8 as a mount. (use to have a iMac 27" on it)

but for those wanting to save some money, the Humanscale M2 is also good enough to hold the Studio Display
the Humanscale M2 can hold a monitor up to 7.2Kg, and the Studio Display weighs 6.3Kg

xmlking

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
  • In the middle there's a video conference backlight, I figured that out. But what's the mount on the left, is that some kind of mount thingy for your Macbook?
I original bought humanscale M/Flex M2.1 dual arm monitor mount. this M2.1 is not strong enough to hold large monitors. So I end up buying humanscale M8.1 singe arm which I am using with studio display now.
I am planing to use M/Flex M2.1 dual arm for holding laptop and elgato ring light.
This is the Humanscale Notebook Holder. I am trying to get for other unused arm

i have to buy this vesa adaptor to mount ring-light to arm

xmlking

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
I bough this table from uplift desk
hammock included free in the standup desk package. I can nap in it or rest my legs :)

xmlking

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
woww cool setup.

what kind of standing desk it? beautiful wood top.

Ive been thinking if doing a similar setup, but one thing im worried about is monitor wobble.

Do you experience monitor wobble with your studio display mounted on the standing desk when typing, etc? Is wobble ever something you notice?
This is heavy solid wood desktop from upliftdesk, I don’t see much wobble with this desk and storing humanscale M8.1 arm. i bought the humanscale arms and keyboard system from eBay for 1/4 of list price

upthetoffees

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Can you stick 2 monitors together so they are side by side? eg The Studio Display with the new PS5 monitor coming, is that something you can do with VESA? I would remove the Studio stand and the PS5 M9 stand and use a VESA stand that could support both, if thats how it works.

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
I bought the LG 40-inch 5k display and ended up returning it. Lemme tell you, no display will ever come close to an apple display. The lg was so inconsistent!! and once you mount it, it will loose its persoality

gallant

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2023
Wow. This is a great setup. Can I ask what is the mount you are using to allow the Humanscale monitor arm to hold the Elgato Ring Light? I have an Elgato Key Light and would like to have the same thing. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.