Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iris_failsafe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
This is my story. I just moved to SF to do my Masters Degree. Naturally Im buying a mac with a student discount at the Apple Store (Stockton & Market)

The day I buy it, somehow they lost my order and have me waiting almost an hour because the computer says I dint place the order although I paid for it and have a receipt and no employee can go downstairs and get the computer

Two days after I buy a Kensington lock but I don't know how to use it, I go to the Apple store and the manager there says he knows but he doesn't and he changes the combination by mistake making the lock useless since nobody knows the damn combination. Luckily they replaced me the lock at compUSA.

Third strike, I ask if I can get the rebate for a free printer. They say yes, I ask again are you sure, they say yes so I bought the printer and send the rebate and today I receive a letter from Apple, telling me rebates don't apply for education purchases even though at the store nobody told me...

So you think at the store they are going to be better but are are as Sh$%###les as a any other store (at least the one in downtown SF)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.