Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sptzz

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2024
I've posted about this here

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mbp-16-m3-max-stuttery-low-fps-animations.2416245/

Odd that no one is talking about this anywhere.... I did a full fresh format and installation as soon as I got into the desktop the widget pane was stuttering like mad, m3 max... Temps are 30-40c when this happened. Resolution is "default" on a 16 inch MBP....

I was really not expecting this on such an expensive machine... Mainly when I thought this would be something Apple would obsess with

no0nefamous

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2021
I've posted about this here

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/mbp-16-m3-max-stuttery-low-fps-animations.2416245/

Odd that no one is talking about this anywhere.... I did a full fresh format and installation as soon as I got into the desktop the widget pane was stuttering like mad, m3 max... Temps are 30-40c when this happened. Resolution is "default" on a 16 inch MBP....

I was really not expecting this on such an expensive machine... Mainly when I thought this would be something Apple would obsess with

Yeah, I've had my M1 iMac for just about two years now and I haven't really ever enjoyed it that much because other than looking pretty it just has never felt very impressive to use. Fast, smooth animations and transitions go a long way in the perceived speed of a computer and for whatever reason this just doesn't seem to be much of a concern for Apple toward macOS.

dontlan

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2024
Yeah, I've had my M1 iMac for just about two years now and I haven't really ever enjoyed it that much because other than looking pretty it just has never felt very impressive to use. Fast, smooth animations and transitions go a long way in the perceived speed of a computer and for whatever reason this just doesn't seem to be much of a concern for Apple toward macOS.
Have you solved the problem?

I have a mac mini m2 of 16 GB and sometimes it slows down after animation

I tried reinstalling the system, but it didn't help, I tried macbooks and it seems they all work just as disgusting, why do people tolerate this?

no0nefamous

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 11, 2021
Have you solved the problem?

I have a mac mini m2 of 16 GB and sometimes it slows down after animation

I tried reinstalling the system, but it didn't help, I tried macbooks and it seems they all work just as disgusting, why do people tolerate this?

I never really solved it. Though my friend's m3 Mac Mini does look visually considerably smoother. This whole experience with the m1 iMac though has turned me off to ever buying another macOS device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.