Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

larrygornick

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2014
What are you wanting to do with the stylus? I have one just like the link you posted, it is not great for anything requiring precision, including hand writing. In fact, I just used it this morning in an attempt to do away with using a notepad and pen at work.

I mainly want to use it for typing and playing games ect. I dont use my tablet that much for note taking, like you prompted, but I would just like to get my "simpleton's" use from it without so many fingerprints.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Anyone have any preferences? I dont want to pay more than $10.
Depends upon what you plan on using the stylus for.

I have 2 styli that I use. For general doodling and tap-typing, I use a cheapo rubber tip stylus. For more accurate control, I use an Adonit Jot. $15 @Walmart. Wonderful stylus.

larrygornick

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2014
Just be sure it's felt-tipped. The rubber ones sometimes feel like they're jerking along if you're trying to write.

I've heard this before, like those cheap ones on amazon, a ten pack for 99 cents... figured that had to be a ton of junk, or at least low quality. I will look more into the felt tipped ones...anyone have any favorites about those? lol

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I've heard this before, like those cheap ones on amazon, a ten pack for 99 cents... figured that had to be a ton of junk, or at least low quality. I will look more into the felt tipped ones...anyone have any favorites about those? lol

Don't know what DShap5 means with felt, allow me to refer to microfiber.
You could take a look at http://www.ifaraday.com and http://www.lynktec.com.
I'm using a Lynktec TruGlide Pro, that I really like a lot for both writing and drawing.

larrygornick

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2014

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Not sure how good they are, but Best Buy's Deal of the day has styluses on sale for $2.99 normally $7.99. They are Rocketfish branded, so I'm not sure how good they are.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Not sure how good they are, but Best Buy's Deal of the day has styluses on sale for $2.99 normally $7.99. They are Rocketfish branded, so I'm not sure how good they are.

Thanks for the information :) I'll look into it

The brand shouldn't matter on those type, they are all pretty much the same. I have one that looks just like it that I think was from Belkin.

larrygornick

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2014
Okay, so there are a lot of stylus's out there... and they all vary in price. I think that the "best" option is to buy at least two- one for general use, and one that has a finer point for highlighting words in a kindle app.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
In regards to a stylus that I enjoy, I have an ampen stylus that I use really often. It has a felt-tip, I think it is called, and I have some replacement tips too. It is so much better than the other like three kinds that I've had over the course of the past four or five years.

larrygornick

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2014
I know this thread has been dead for a little while, but in case anyone is still subscribed, I have found that the best stylus out of a few that I've ordered is the amPen stylus.
It writes very well, and it is amazingly smooth for scrolling. It is very accurate, and you can order replaceable tips. Awesome stylus, and an awesome price.

vulcanvillalta

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2014
I know this thread has been dead for a little while, but in case anyone is still subscribed, I have found that the best stylus out of a few that I've ordered is the amPen stylus.
It writes very well, and it is amazingly smooth for scrolling. It is very accurate, and you can order replaceable tips. Awesome stylus, and an awesome price.

I like that brand. I have quite a few of their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.