Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abrooks

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
London, UK
I can't recommend any of them because I've never used any but this one http://www.jigsaw24.com/proddesc.asp?ITEM=X420AJA covers what you originally asked for quite well, the only problem your facing here is that your budget isn't allowing you to get anything above average.

It all depends what you want to use it for but most of them have no better use than home movies.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
abrooks said:
I can't recommend any of them because I've never used any but this one http://www.jigsaw24.com/proddesc.asp?ITEM=X420AJA covers what you originally asked for quite well, the only problem your facing here is that your budget isn't allowing you to get anything above average.

It all depends what you want to use it for but most of them have no better use than home movies.

If my budget was £1000! would that get something "above average"?

My usage: yes home movies, but I would like the option to make "shorts"

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Sony DCR-HC 1000! Sony says this is almost broadcast quality! have looked around and can get it for £850.

At less than two pounds, the super-compact DCR-HC1000 MiniDV Handycam camcorder features Sony's three-chip, one -megapixelMegapixel Advanced HAD progressive scan CCD technology.

Each CCD imager is dedicated to a primary color. They separate light passing through the lens into individual color components for noticeably sharper images and colors. By giving each lens its own megapixelMegapixel imager, the camcorder captures the intense detail and color that expert videographers appreciate.

And for the first time on a 3 -CCD camcorder, high-quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T optics has been incorporated for improved sharpness and resolution, along with higher contrast.

Features

1/4.7" (3.8mm) 3CCD / 1,152H with Advanced HAD Technology
Carl Zeiss™ Vario Sonnar T* Lens
2.5" LCD (6.2cm) Hybrid Monitor (21 1K dots)
Start/Stop button on the LCD
Touch Panel
16:9 Wide Mode
12x Optical Zoom
150x Digital Zoom
Super Steady Shot
Multi-angle Grip Multitude of optional manual controls:
optical and digital zoom
zoom ring
zebra pattern
spotlight compensation
spot focus/spot meter
AE shift
12 -bitBit and 16 -bitBit audio recording mode
4-channel surround recording using optional microphone (ECM-CQP1)
Photo Mode (Memory Stick® Duo media)(1152 x 864 size still picture)
Intelligent Flash
Memory Stick® Duo media slot
MPEG Movie EX
Click to DVD Function
Digital Program Editing
Playback Zoom
i.LINK™ (DV IN/OUT)
Signal Conversion Function
Intelligent Accessory Shoe
InfoLITHIUM™ battery system

that do you think? good/bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.