Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
If you take a look at the front page for the Macrumors new forum, I would say about 75% of all articles are about the vision pro. Considering the only sub forum in that main forum is the politics forum, could we think about maybe having another subforum for Vision pro news and all the articles can go there? With the new device having preorders and launching soon, I know excitement is pretty high, but because there have been so many articles written about it today, it's cluttering up the other stories.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's Vision Pro pre-order day. It's natural that there's gonna be a ton of Vision Pro news. It'll likely going to die down pretty soon. If it doesn't, and maintains, then we can consider splitting things further.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
It's Vision Pro pre-order day. It's natural that there's gonna be a ton of Vision Pro news. It'll likely going to die down pretty soon. If it doesn't, and maintains, then we can consider splitting things further.

The thing officially launches in 2 weeks. You don't think there will be more anticipation going forward until the actual launch day? Not to mention its an entirely new product.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
What about coming up with a separate sub-forum, or section, for everything to do with discussion of the Vision Pro - launch, hopes, dreams, dashed dreams, experience, flaws, positives, various options, and so on - rather than having discussion on and speculation about the Vision Pro seep and leak and leach into almost every other section of the site as seems to be happening at present?

Reactions: dazzlingirl

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sounds good to me.

Now, perhaps a few sign posts directing those who wish to post about this topic to there are all that may be required.

To be honest, I hadn't even checked that there was a separate section for the Vision Pro, (I assumed that there was) rather, I had noticed that a number of posts on that subject seemed to have been seeping into the 'community' section of the forum, when they could have been better located elsewhere.

Last edited:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Our moderators routinely move threads if they're not in the correct forum, so feel free to report ones you think might better belong in the Vision Pro forum whenever you spot them.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.