Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
1694114236813.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I am very happy to announce that I have launched my first iOS app on the App Store, SubManager, built using the latest technologies such as SwiftUI.

We are seeing a lot of things move to a subscription based model, and even price increases. Not all the banking apps are able to keep track of subscriptions, which can make things difficult when subscribed to a number of services at once. When I was looking for a subscription management app, most of them required purchase of the premium tier (or even a subscription!) to track more than 5 subscriptions at once, and some have a limited number of currencies. There was room for something better, and that's what led to me creating SubManager.

From the very beginning, I never wanted to put any ads on it, or charge users for unlimited tracking. And this will be the case for the lifetime of the app. The initial version is packed with a handful of features, including:
  • Tracking an unlimited number of subscriptions
  • Get notified up to 7 days in advance
  • Conversion of foreign subscriptions to your local currency
  • Insights based on your subscriptions
  • Free iCloud sync
  • Widgets on the Home Screen and Lock Screen
Users also have the choice to purchase SubManager+, a one time purchase containing premium features such as:
  • App Lock using passcode or biometrics
  • Import and Export to JSON or CSV files
  • Mark subscriptions as ended
  • Change app icon to your local currency
SubManager+ is available for $4.99 and $9.99 for SubManager+ with Family Sharing. In addition, any new SubManager+ features will be included at no additional cost. More features are in the works and the roadmap is available at getsubmanager.app/support

I appreciate all feedback as they do help shape the future of this app. I look forward to improving the app with new functionality over the coming months.

App Store link: https://apple.co/44Nq1XI

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager is now fully supported on Apple Watch with version 1.1, just in time for watchOS 10 launching next week. This will be one of the first apps available on Apple Watch which makes use of the new watchOS 10 UI elements.

The dedicated watch app lets you view your subscriptions right on your wrist. Additionally, all the widgets currently available on iPhone have been ported over to Apple Watch.

The v1.1 update also includes full iOS 17 compatibility, including support for StandBy. More features will be available in the coming months.

The update is now available to download from the App Store: https://apple.co/44Nq1XI

WATCH.png

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager v1.1.2 is now rolling out on the App Store.

You can now track subscriptions with any billing cycle, not just every one week, month or year. This was requested by many users. In addition, the currency picker has been improved, with the ability to search through the list.

More features are coming soon, stay tuned!

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager v1.1.4 is now available on the App Store, adding the ability to sort your subscriptions by price. You can now also see how much you have left to spend on subscriptions for the current month.

Alongside these new features are some bug fixes and internal changes in preparation for some exciting updates coming soon!

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
Black Friday Sale and new Mac App

Until Nov 27, get 30% off SubManager+ and 20% off SubManager+ Family during Black Friday Week! SubManager+ is available at $3.49 and SubManager+ Family for $7.99. Upgrade today to unlock features like app lock, export/import and more!

From the very beginning, the iPad app has been available to download on Apple Silicon Macs. As part of an effort to further optimise the app for the Mac, I have replaced it with a new app based on Mac Catalyst technology, starting with 1.1.6. This also makes the app available to Intel systems for the first time.

Untitled (2).png

Feedback on how I can further optimise for Mac is greatly appreciated! Send your feedback via settings, send feedback.

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager v1.1.7 brings interactive widgets for the first time. Browse through your subscriptions on the small upcoming widget without opening the app. Available for iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma. The update also brings some improvements to the details and insights pages.

The update is now available for macOS and will be available for iOS soon.

For a limited time, get SubManager+ at just $3.49 and SubManager+ with Family Sharing at $7.99. SubManager+ includes extra features like app lock and export/import. Hurry, offer ends this Tuesday!

Last edited:

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager 1.1.8 is now available for iOS and macOS!

- Notification defaults are now in settings. A new option has also been added to set the notification default for all your active subscriptions.
- When importing a JSON file, you can now select individual subscriptions to be added to your existing subscription list.
- Added an option to disable the upcoming widget if App Lock is enabled.

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
SubManager+ users can now upgrade to SubManager+ Family at a discounted price. To upgrade your purchase, update your SubManager app to version 1.1.11 and then visit the SubManager+ page which can be found in settings.

More updates are planned over the next few weeks. Thanks for using SubManager and have a Happy New Year!

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
keep.png

I'm happy to share that SubManager will be available on Apple Vision Pro at launch as a native visionOS app!

With SubManager, you can keep track of your subscriptions in one place and get notified before a subscription is renewed. With the launch of the visionOS app, SubManager will be available on 5 Apple platforms, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch and Apple Vision Pro.

The majority of features currently available will be on the visionOS version as well. If you have already purchased SubManager+ on another platform, you can enjoy SubManager+ features on visionOS at no additional cost. SubManager+ features on visionOS include App Lock using Optic ID, marking subscriptions as ended and exporting to a CSV file.

SubManager for visionOS will be available on February 2nd when the device launches in the US. I hope you enjoy it and do let me know any feedback you have via the send feedback button in settings. More features are on the way, so stay tuned!

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
I am happy to announce that SubManager v1.2 is now available for iOS, macOS and visionOS! This major update brings an updated interface as well as some features that were highly requested.

With SubManager v1.2, you can now set icons for your subscriptions. The update includes a wide range of services and more will be added over time.

For SubManager+ users, you can now categorize your subscriptions and easily filter your list by category. You can also set a payment method for each subscription, so you don't lose track of which card was used.

Ever since SubManager was launched, the app was always available to download on Apple Silicon Macs. It was later made available for Intel Macs via the Catalyst app. With this update, the Catalyst app has been replaced with a fully native Mac app built using SwiftUI, enhancing the user experience. The new Mac app is available for all Macs running macOS Ventura and later.

mac.png

While the app on iPhone keeps the same 3 tab layout as before, iPad and Vision Pro users can enjoy a new 3 column layout making it easy to filter between active subscriptions, categories and payment methods.

ipad.png

The app continues to get better with each update, and I appreciate the positive feedback received over the last few months. The Black Friday sale has exceeded my expectations, and I am excited to be participating in the upcoming Indie App Sales event running from March 12 to 13. If you haven't purchased SubManager+ yet, next week is your chance to get it at a discount!

As always, do send any feedback you may have via the send feedback button found in settings. Your feedback helps to shape the future of this app. Thank you for using SubManager!

infinitedreams

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2017
Don’t see a service listed? You can add custom icons from a file or URL (including App Store URLs) with latest version of SubManager.

7c59b04672059f88.jpeg

SubManager is now also available on X @SubManagerApp. Follow to stay updated and get support for the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.