Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gmouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2014
Lakewood, CO
Never used Hulu before, and I got the combined subscription via Apple of Disney+ and Hulu. When trying to watch any Hulu show, they have commercial breaks--is this normal for Hulu, or for the Apple subscription to them?

Thanks!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I believe the Hulu with no ads is an upgrade to that bundle that may have been available when you signed up. You might want to contact Hulu or Disney+ support if you want to upgrade.

Reactions: JayMysterio

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
The bundle includes the ads. Hulu does offer an upgrade that has much less ads. They do not offer any option for absolutely no ads (some of that is out of their control).

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Never used Hulu before, and I got the combined subscription via Apple of Disney+ and Hulu. When trying to watch any Hulu show, they have commercial breaks--is this normal for Hulu, or for the Apple subscription to them?

Thanks!

There is an "no-ads" plan that should really be called “almost no ads apart from a very few select shows, and then seemingly usually from ABC”

However I’m unsure if you can upgrade the bundle to that plan.

Reactions: Nightfury326

CthuluLemon

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2020
There is an "no-ads" plan that should really be called “almost no ads apart from a very few select shows, and then seemingly usually from ABC”

However I’m unsure if you can upgrade the bundle to that plan.

I can’t say for certain either, but I wasn’t able to find it when I looked into the bundle when it was first announced. I kept my Hulu account separate.

I’m sure they’ll let you upgrade if you call, but that “upgrade” may just be unbundling your accounts and charging full price for both.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Hulu with limited ads is only available thru Hulu website/account, not thru iTunes.
I have it and most shows are ad free, but not all.
I believe you can upgrade the bundle you have but might need to chat with a rep, the choices are not all available thru the website

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks!

I currently subscribe to the Disney+ bundle that includes Disney+, Hulu (no ads) and ESPN+. All you have to do is go into your account, click "manage plan" to choose which bundle you would like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.