Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DPH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Sarpsborg, Norway
I've said this before, subscriptions are a death by a thousand cuts.
I'm paying over 2k annually for various subscription services. Given inflation, and how nearly every streaming service has increased their price (sony by a lot). I'm looking to cut back. I really don't need carrot, playstation, etc.

View attachment 2256685
I bet your not alone! Crazy How much money it gets.

TheOneWhoKnocks

Suspended
Sep 17, 2021
I've said this before, subscriptions are a death by a thousand cuts.
I'm paying over 2k annually for various subscription services. Given inflation, and how nearly every streaming service has increased their price (sony by a lot). I'm looking to cut back. I really don't need carrot, playstation, etc.

View attachment 2256685
Come on mate, that's insane.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
YouTube is $ 73 a month? Crazy. I use the free Carrot Weather and find it excellent.
YouTube TV is $73 a month. This gives you access to a cable like setup with live content including local channels for many and a cloud DVR. Way too rich for my family but I've heard that many people like it.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Sorry if it’s offending but why don’t you use Torrent?

I thought people would use it more often but after subscription prices increase, it appears that people comply, like they are addicted or can’t get over the difficulty of changing “method”. For instance, Netflix in their last earning call mentioned this:

Attachments

• 1694202988184.jpeg
    1694202988184.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 39

DPH

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Sarpsborg, Norway
Sorry if it’s offending but why don’t you use Torrent?

I thought people would use it more often but after subscription prices increase, it appears that people comply, like they are addicted or can’t get over the difficulty of changing “method”. For instance, Netflix in their last earning call mentioned this:
I have wonder myself why people just comply with this, and it was kinda this discussion i wanted to have with people that was the purpose of this thread.

I have come to that level that if its not one time payment or free, i dont need it. And so i havent really missed something.

Does not seems like people use torrents anymore, must be of easyness and addction, and you dont really see the total cost. I think that if this increase by increase is happening, people will go back the pirate way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.