Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spacecadet610

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
So has anyone after 7/11 used the old iphone to qualify themselves for the 3g iphone subsidized pricing?

View

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
If you have an old iPhone on the account and is still active, then you CAN get the new iPhone at a reduced price. It's not a loophole, they explicitly said that.
But if you do not have an iPhone, then you might or might not be eligible..

rablat

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2007
Classified NSA intel
Seems that it does...
I passed my 1st Gen. onto my Mom. She previously did not qualify for an upgrade.
After activating the iPhone thru iTunes her acct. is now eligible.
Now whether or not it would actully follow thru at an Apple or AT&T store is yet to be seen.

spacecadet610

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 11, 2006
The loophole was that if you were not eligible, you could make yourself immediately eligible right away by borrowing someone's iphone and activating your account through itunes. This seem to have worked from what i hear..

My question is whether anyone has does this since the iphone 3g had been released.

If you have an old iPhone on the account and is still active, then you CAN get the new iPhone at a reduced price. It's not a loophole, they explicitly said that.
But if you do not have an iPhone, then you might or might not be eligible..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.