Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmesser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Long Island, NY USA
I have a High Sierra CMP and a 2016 MacBook Pro running Catalina and a 2017 iPad Pro. I'm looking for an affordable subwoofer that would work with these machines. Using an online frequency generator, neither machine has audible output at 40Hz, which surprises me in the case of the MacBook Pro but definitely not the CMP. An affordable speaker set with subwoofer which would work with these devices, instead of just subwoofer would be good as well. I could use my iPad Pro to drive a subwoofer as well.

My application is 40Hz (gamma wave) entrainment therapy. Exposure to 40Hz sound and strobing lights has been found to stimulate glial cells' anti-inflammatory response in mammalian brains, resulting in reduction of amyloid plaque with possibly improved improved cognition and memory. I lost my mom to Alzheimers and want to make a set up for my dad in the TV/family room so my entire family can benefit during those times we're together there. We have an Apple TV unit and a Samsung smart TV so maybe I could use Airplay with the TV speakers but that would interfere with watching the TV. The gamma therapy can work in the background. Thanks in advance for any help in determining best way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.