Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melissapete24

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.6; it has been since the update first came out, as I like to keep my devices up to date. Yesterday, everything was working just fine; I had no issues whatsoever. Today is a whole different story. I can't access anything Google.

I first noticed it when I went to use my Slacker Radio app, and it wanted me to log in again. I didn't think anything of it, as it does that every once in a while. However, when I clicked the option to sign in with Google, I had to wait forever, only to get the message "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server." I tried everything I could think of short of restoring the iPhone and setting it up as new or erasing all content and settings, as I am at work, so I can't go plug into my MacBook and re-add everything. However, on a whim, I decided to try just going into Safari and visiting www.google.com. Same exact problem: a long wait followed by "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server."

I have an iPad 4, but it's not with me right now, so I can't try it to see if it's working or not, since it can't get iOS 11, and is therefore only running iOS 10.3.3. I can't imagine it has anything to do with the operating system, though, as everything worked perfectly just last night, and there hasn't been an update since last night. I really don't relish the idea of doing a complete restore of my iPhone, but I will tonight after work if I have to.

Is anyone else having this issue, or does anyone have any ideas? This is really frustrating, as I have pretty much every internet account through my Google account, and I can't access ANYTHING Google on my phone.
[doublepost=1522160853][/doublepost]Aaand now it's back to normal. So I guess you all can just ignore this. That was a very frustrating 4 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.