Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
Yesterday it was working normally. Today it is impossible to connect to the same wifi (can't connect, run diagnostics and blabla). Restarting computer , resetting network settings - no help. Macbook Pro (Intel, Catalina) connects to the same wifi in one second. Also two iphones. What is going on ? How to make it working normally again ? How can something like this happen ? Thank you .

Reactions: hooptyuber

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
Clearing the cache always speeds up my imternets
add developer to the safari tabs and clear cache
Not exactly sure what you mean ... No need to "speed up" internet, just can't connect to wifi that I was connected yesterday easily and to which everyone around is fully connected in no time now (except me). It has nothing to do with Safari but with basic wifi connection.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 18.13.56.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 18.13.56.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 191

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Not exactly sure what you mean ... No need to "speed up" internet, just can't connect to wifi that I was connected yesterday easily and to which everyone around is fully connected in no time now (except me). It has nothing to do with Safari but with basic wifi connection.
Oh, then the wifi needs adjusting Or clearing.
i need to reset/ clean up my apple airport once a week since 2007

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
This wifi easily works for everybody else around now and worked for me yesterday.

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
Sounds like the router may be having a problem issuing the IP. Reset the router.
As I said: another Macbook Pro connects perfectly and also 2 iphones ... If problems with router, nothing would connect

Micka88

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2019
I tried everything and nothing worked ... (all the other devices around kept working without a problem). And - without doing anything ... it suddenly started working ... really weird ...

bsamcash

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
San Jose, CA
As I said: another Macbook Pro connects perfectly and also 2 iphones ... If problems with router, nothing would connect
A router can have problems issuing an IP to a single device. I thought you started this thread for help. Don't argue it when it's given.

Peet_B

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2019
Netherlands
I tried everything and nothing worked ... (all the other devices around kept working without a problem). And - without doing anything ... it suddenly started working ... really weird ...
I've had these issues on my Mid-2020 iMac and they kept reappearing every other day or sometimes they were gone for a week. I contacted Apple support, did everything they told me and it turned out there was some deep internal software or hardware issue, so I needed to send my iMac in for repairs...

iamrahulrao

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2022
@Micka88 Did this get resolved for you? If yes, could let me know what you did? I am facing the same issue, my MacBook air isn't connecting but all other devices are

Edit: this is resolved. Upgraded my wifi router

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.