Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mispeled

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
This bothers me. And like most things, it's probably just a me problem, but thought I'd ask.

I like being able to customize my phone and my experience with it. And I also seem to always hit the "n" key or the "." key when typing quickly instead of the space bar. I like having the space bar as long as it can be. I also don't use emoji all that often. So I toggle the emoji keyboard - it's usually off, but every now and then, I go to settings, turn it on, use an emoji, switch it off.

One day, I wanted to text someone a yin-yang symbol. I looked for it in emoji and couldn't find it. Did an online search, and someone said it was in the Japanese keyboard. So I picked the Japanese keyboard, couldn't find it. Tried English (Japanese), nothing there either. Gave up and just sent a jpeg. It may be in one of these keyboards, but that's not the point of this.

From that moment on, starting with iOs 10, every time I go to Settings -> General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards -> Add New Keyboard... I have "Suggested Keyboards." This was fine when the suggested keyboard was just emoji, because I like having that there. But now it perpetually suggests Japanese and English (Japan). I don't want these suggestions. I don't want them cluttering up my keyboard selection screen. I can't get rid of them.

Is there a way I can remove them from the suggested keyboards?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2045.PNG
    IMG_2045.PNG
    84.3 KB · Views: 204

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
If it can be done, my best guess would be either "Reset All Settings" or "Reset Keyboard Dictionary" in Settings > General > Reset.

Reactions: JM

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
If it can be done, my best guess would be either "Reset All Settings" or "Reset Keyboard Dictionary" in Settings > General > Reset.
Yeah try reset all your settings. Second Paddle's idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.