Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sir42

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
On my Treo I had an app that could not only block calls from select individuals (or groups) but it could also prevent them from leaving voicemail. It would be great to have something like this on the iPhone as well.

It was especially useful for blocking calls and voicemail from work related numbers. Blocking voicemail from these individuals was crucial, otherwise they would expect me to return their call promptly. Sometimes it was the only way I could enjoy a rare day off.

The software on the Treo was a little clumsy however. On the calling end, they would hear the sound of the phone picking up and then disconnecting very quickly. Ideally, if there were an iPhone version made, it would be a little cleaner. Perhaps the caller would hear a message that would say something like "This voice mail box is currently offline, please try again later."

Just a thought.

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007
My sony ericsson was able to manage calls like this too and did it pretty well too IMO. There was an option to reject all calls so if someone tried to call it would go straight to your voicemail as if your phone was off or there was no coverage but it would still notify you who called. I was also able to create a blacklist where I could block a list of numbers. The only thing it was really missing was a choice to block groups.

I would love to see call management options in the iPhone but I don't know how easily that can be done.

badtzmaru

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
i have a simple call blocking feature. I keep my iphone # a secret.

but i know that doesn't work for most people so I would "Answer" the call then hit "End Call" immediately and maybe the pest will get the hint.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
i have a simple call blocking feature. I keep my iphone # a secret.

but i know that doesn't work for most people so I would "Answer" the call then hit "End Call" immediately and maybe the pest will get the hint.

doesnt work well when your boss calls :p

but if it said voicemailbox full, please try again later, you would have an excuse :D

oxeneers

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2007
South San Francisco, CA
This would be a great program, and hopefully we see some sort of iteration of it in the near future. This would be great for pesky MySpace girls that I "accidentally" gave my number to.

Just kidding.

or?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.