Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

der.turbanator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
Issue:-
Hi, I am using Macbook Air mid-2017. Suddenly Since last week my Keyboard and trackpad are not working. I am able to input my password using keyboard but as soon as i am in Keyboard and trackpad stops working.

Things i have tried till now : -
SCM
NVPRAM
Deleting all third party software

SCM and NVPRAM was also performed using onboard keyboard.
Apple Store in my city is claiming that keyboard is defected. But how it can be? It works well when i put password. It only doesnot work after loging in

Can someone help me out please ?

Apple Store visit:-
i was at apple store in my city. They ran diagnose. Things they told me shocked me.
There diagnose says:
- Battery is defect ( although battery have 500 cycles and give like 3 and half hours of netflix. normal work: 4 and half hours)
- IPD flex cable between keyboad, mouse has to be replaced (it that cable is not working , how come i can enter my password while loging in )
Price quoted was between 300-350 USD

What is your take on this? should i really go for it ?

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple Store visit:-
i was at apple store in my city. They ran diagnose. Things they told me shocked me.
There diagnose says:
- Battery is defect ( although battery have 500 cycles and give like 3 and half hours of netflix. normal work: 4 and half hours)
- IPD flex cable between keyboad, mouse has to be replaced (it that cable is not working , how come i can enter my password while loging in )
Price quoted was between 300-350 USD

What is your take on this? should i really go for it ?
What is the battery health? Is it swelling?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.