Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
I'm recommending that the administrators provide a semi regular analysis of Zendesk/contact us tickets. It can be quarterly, bi-annual or annual.

In the name of transparency I believe it will be helpful for us, the members, to see how many tickets come through to the administrators. Average aging of the tickets, i.e., How long they're opened. The types of tickets, i.e., complaints about moderation, account cancellations, questions, account changes, etc.

I understand that many tickets complaining about moderation may require some time to investigate, but by the same token, there are frequent threads here in the SFF asking about something that was submitted by the contact us form and the member has yet to hear from an admin.

We already have the Post Report Statistics 2021 which by the way we don't seem to have a 2022 thread. Also we have the Top 50 Posters Extrapolated, January 2023

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm recommending that the administrators provide a semi regular analysis of Zendesk/contact us tickets. It can be quarterly, bi-annual or annual.

In the name of transparency I believe it will be helpful for us, the members, to see how many tickets come through to the administrators. Average aging of the tickets, i.e., How long they're opened. The types of tickets, i.e., complaints about moderation, account cancellations, questions, account changes, etc.

I understand that many tickets complaining about moderation may require some time to investigate, but by the same token, there are frequent threads here in the SFF asking about something that was submitted by the contact us form and the member has yet to hear from an admin.

We already have the Post Report Statistics 2021 which by the way we don't seem to have a 2022 thread. Also we have the Top 50 Posters Extrapolated, January 2023

An excellent idea.

I hadn't noticed that Post Report stats for 2022 haven't been posted (or, possibly compiled); however, I agree that they are an excellent idea, and serve, not just to give useful feedback, but also, as a timely prompt (to members) that reporting stuff (such as spam) matters, and is noticed and appreciated.

Reactions: Candy Apple+ Nutz

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
It’s actually not a bad idea to report high level statistics relating to moderation reports or “contact us” links with some aging stats as well.

Obviously I/we don’t know how easy/difficult to pull together stats on a repetitive basis eg semi-annually - my sense is though it’s an effort.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Site admin aren't interested in making their process anymore transparent than it is (which is like looking through concrete). "Contact Us" is a complete joke, you'll either wait entirely too long or receive no response at all.

Reactions: Candy Apple+ Nutz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.