Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
Hi all,
I was wondering if you could check out my site and help me by leaving a quick comment of suggestion about my site. Anything at all would help. I am really interested in trying to get more traffic (without advertising) so if you have any suggestions please let me know. If you like what you see, please sign up to be a member of the site!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Looks good. Just a quick note at first glance, don't have bodies of text centred. Maybe align to the left instead. :)

That's just my nitpicking though.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
mad jew said:
Looks good. Just a quick note at first glance, don't have bodies of text centred. Maybe align to the left instead. :)

That's just my nitpicking though.

Thanks a lot...Im right on that...

(you did not sign up though?)

p.s I am up to 20 visitors...

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
pianodude123 said:
(you did not sign up though?)

I just very quickly glanced at it, I didn't even notice that there was a registration form.

On that subject, maybe make it clearer what signing up means because I just took it to be a blog which wouldn't really require registration AFAIK.

Oh, and I love your idea about the iMac screensaver too. :)

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
mad jew said:
I just very quickly glanced at it, I didn't even notice that there was a registration form.

On that subject, maybe make it clearer what signing up means because I just took it to be a blog which wouldn't really require registration AFAIK.

Oh, and I love your idea about the iMac screensaver too. :)

THanks,
To register go to the "register link" under META

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
mad jew said:
Thanks. :)

It's not that I couldn't figure out how to register, but rather that I don't know what it means. In other words, why register?

It allows you to post on the blog...just like you can post in these forums, except your posts arrive on the homepage!

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
I don't want to sign up because:

A. I have my own blog
2. I don't know what this blog is about
iii. It's URL is andrew.cooperbeechco.com (who is andrew and why would I want to post something to his blog
IV. Why not just post things to a forum? It makes discussion easier.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
mnkeybsness said:
I don't want to sign up because:

A. I have my own blog
2. I don't know what this blog is about
iii. It's URL is andrew.cooperbeechco.com (who is andrew and why would I want to post something to his blog
IV. Why not just post things to a forum? It makes discussion easier.

I am going to get a better domain than this. This is just the server domain. When I think of a good domain I will have it instead of this one...any suggestions for a domain name? I want a .com, but most of the good ones are taken.

#4 I asked for advice...and although you present it in a sarcastic way, I still honor it. I will look into making a forum? Or keep it as a blog.

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
OK,
Over the last few days I have worked on creating a forum instead of a Blog.

I feel this will be more useful in communication than a blog. As you said above, it has more of a purpose too.

Please go to this link:

http://andrew.copperbeechco.com/forum and register for the forum. The more users that join, the more content the forum gets and the more interesting the site will be.

Since this site was just developed, it is bound to have a little bit of errors, but I have a team of beta testers to find those and help me correct them. If you see any that we have missed, please let me know!

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
pianodude123 said:
OK,
Over the last few days I have worked on creating a forum instead of a Blog.

I feel this will be more useful in communication than a blog. As you said above, it has more of a purpose too.

Please go to this link:

http://andrew.copperbeechco.com/forum and register for the forum. The more users that join, the more content the forum gets and the more interesting the site will be.

Since this site was just developed, it is bound to have a little bit of errors, but I have a team of beta testers to find those and help me correct them. If you see any that we have missed, please let me know!
try some anti-aliasing on the oval that says gigasquash at the top. also the top section with the oval in it doesnt align with the rest of the stuff.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 157

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
homerjward said:
try some anti-aliasing on the oval that says gigasquash at the top. also the top section with the oval in it doesnt align with the rest of the stuff.

Ya...i havent been able to fix that problem with IE, but knowing apple, my site works well in safari and doesnt have that error....I will work on that problem with the oval...will i be able to do it in a demo of photoshop?

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
pianodude123 said:
Ya...i havent been able to fix that problem with IE, but knowing apple, my site works well in safari and doesnt have that error....I will work on that problem with the oval...will i be able to do it in a demo of photoshop?
i had that problem in firefox 1.5b1 fwiw. (dont use ie :eek:) yeah, it should work in a demo of ps. you know how right?

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
No...i cant exactly figure out how to apply the antialiasing to the gif. It doesnt have the pixelated lines along the oval in the PSD file...it seems when I save it as a gif it does that...?

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
Okay,

After days of specultation and help from friends, I figured out how to make the image better. Please check the site and register/give advice for it.

---Valete

Linguam latinam amo

pianodude123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2005
in the internet
...Need users.....

Please,

I am recruiting users to help me test out the final design. If you know anything at all about web design, please register for the forum!!!!!

Even if you dont know anything about web design, please register for the forum!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.