Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I have a big blank wall in my room and I want to fill it up. I think the coolest thing to do would be to rasterbate an image, but the options are endless. No restrictions given.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
I made a thread similar to this a while ago and it got shot down. I hope this one doesn't because I want to see how they turn out.
A rasterbation of the Beatles - Abby Road Album cover is on my wall.
Source Pic

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
What do business offices hang on their walls? I want to motivate myself to work since I always end up sleeping on top of my homework.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
goodtimes5 said:
I have a big blank wall in my room and I want to fill it up. I think the coolest thing to do would be to rasterbate an image, but the options are endless. No restrictions given.

what do you like? I've done it with some pics of friends and even my dog :D

I think what you're asking is what 'icon' is appropriate.....

What's your preference?

D

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I'm leaning towards something simple like simple scenery or abstract like a picture of a microphone stand next to a stool. I'm not leaning towards faces since I would find it pretty weird to have a big pair of eyes right behind me.

How fitting it would be if I did a big brother pic or something since the wall is is opposite my computer screen.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
OK, I finally got around to putting together my rasterbation... dual 12-cylinder Maybach MD655s, Voith hydraulic transmission, stressed skin bodywork... 1350hp@1500rpm. 1961 was a good year :cool:

Oh, the irony. I used the 'cool' smiley...

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 460

jtgotsjets

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2004
Lawrence, KS
my last rasterbation subject was an enlargement of the movie poster for "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman."

I needed something that would stisfy my kitsch hunger, and would simultaneously be sexy enough for my roomates to not mind it being up.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
That looks cool brap. I used to be into N scale model railroads, brings back memories...

Would anyone be so kind as to post a link to a how-to for this? I'd like to try it myself.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Lord Blackadder said:
That looks cool brap. I used to be into N scale model railroads, brings back memories...
Yeah, I have loads of OO scale stuff at my father's house. I rejected it during my, uh, adolescent years, but realised I really am still interested in this stuff :eek:

Course, nothing beats the real thing. I had a ride in the cab of the subject of my rasterbation when I was 10 or 11. 'Twas F**king hard core.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
i have a big rasterbation of che guevara on my wall, its cool looking enough - granted it is the most over used picture ever.

neoelectronaut

Cancelled
Dec 3, 2003
goodtimes5 said:

Wow, I'd like to thank you for introducing me to this site.

I had a day with nothing to do, so I made one, now replacing the giant, wide (wider than the rasterbated image) grand canyon poster I had up...

cityscape.jpg

Please excuse the quality, but it's the best camera device I have available at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.