Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarknessUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2015
My partner and I have identical models of iPhone and after an accident both had to replace our phones.

We both had a Japanese Suica transit card in our respective Apple Wallet and had recent full backups.

When we did a restore onto new iPhones, their Suica card and balance came back, but my card never was restored into the Apple Wallet on my iPhone.

Any one any idea why? What I could do in future (upgrade program handset swap) to make sure does not happen again?

bwayne

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2021
It might have something to do with how you’d initially loaded Suica. For example when I started Suica on my wife’s original phone I used a physical Suica card, which the iPhone connected to via NFC, and then uploaded. After which the physical card was bricked. Later on she upgraded the iPhone via a restore from iCloud, yet had to get Suica again using the machine at the station.

Also Suica has an expiration if not used. It’s like a few years though. I only found out after rummaging a very old card from an old jacket pocket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.