Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shane2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I'm wondering if the 1.42Ghz mini 512Ram would be enough for producing a podcast. I'll also be doing light java/php programming on it. As well as some image work with photoshop elements.

I know the G4 processor is proven, however but if an intel one comes out I am sure that I would not want a first generation one.

Any thoughts on this?

Shane
PS: I'm new here but run a forum :)

Shane2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
Thanks for that. I will not be dissapointed right if I decide to get one of the powerPC mini's for what I want to do right?

I'm currently on a Windows XP P4 2.4Ghz.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Shane2 said:
Thanks for that. I will not be dissapointed right if I decide to get one of the powerPC mini's for what I want to do right?

I'm currently on a Windows XP P4 2.4Ghz.
It's plenty of power to use GarageBand 3 and make a podcast. Just don't try to modify too many software insturments in real time. What's your budget?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I know that PS Elements won't tax a mini, and for the type of recording a podcast would normally entail, I wouldn't be worried either.

The PHP and Java stuff ought to be fine too. I wouldn't want to compile a whole operating system every day on a mini, but it's more than capable of handling the amount of code one person can dish out!

Shane2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I'm in Canada so its a bit more expensive here. I know I can afford the top mac mini advertised on the apple store website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.