Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2007
Out and available for install. Looks like it adds many more options.

Solid status bar is pretty cool

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
All of these options were actually in the last version, Im actually still trying to figure out whats in the new version lol:confused:

Are you serious???

-Added Theme
-Icons now changed to match theme(could be turned off)

Many more different tweaks, great update

Icons look nice.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Are you serious???

-Added Theme
-Icons now changed to match theme(could be turned off)

Many more different tweaks, great update

Icons look nice.

lol yes..im serious. The features such as, themes, theme wallpaper, theme status bar, theme icons, theme dock, wallpaper alpha, wallpaper...etc...were in summerboard v2.10...apparently 2.11 just fixed the usage couter bug as was stated above.

and to stay on topic...

The only issue that I have found in the newest version, is that when the "Hide Dock Labels" option is turned on, the "Skip 4th row" option no longer works. In the last version it didnt work when either the dock labels or icon labels were hidden, in this version it only doesnt work with the dock labels

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
As far as I can tell the skip 4th row option has been absent in the last two releases. It was replaced with skip last row, which seems to refer to the 5th row. It prevents the top of the 5th row from sticking out above the dock. If there is a way to hide the 4th row please post it, because I miss this feature.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
As far as I can tell the skip 4th row option has been absent in the last two releases. It was replaced with skip last row, which seems to refer to the 5th row. It prevents the top of the 5th row from sticking out above the dock. If there is a way to hide the 4th row please post it, because I miss this feature.

Ya you are correct, it has been replaced with "skip last row"...however when i turn it on it provides the same function as the skip 4th row....if I cycle it on and off, my icons which would normally go in the 4th row get bumped to the 5th row, leaving the 4th row blank, and when I turn it off, these icons return to the 4th row.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Ya you are correct, it has been replaced with "skip last row"...however when i turn it on it provides the same function as the skip 4th row....if I cycle it on and off, my icons which would normally go in the 4th row get bumped to the 5th row, leaving the 4th row blank, and when I turn it off, these icons return to the 4th row.

OK. After messing with settings it seems like other settings work correctly when hide dock labels is set to off, as you stated above. I've had that on since 2.10 was released so nothing has worked correctly. The reflections on my custom dock images are showing now as well.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
OK. After messing with settings it seems like other settings work correctly when hide dock labels is set to off, as you stated above. I've had that on since 2.10 was released so nothing has worked correctly. The reflections on my custom dock images are showing now as well.

Reflections on custom dock images? Did it do this automatically somehow? You have to create a new dock image, upload it to dock swap, and then choose it to get relections right?

I think I misunderstood you, because I definitely cant put any icons I want down on the dock and then reflections of those icons automatically...right? :confused:

Ah, and you are right about the skip last row feature, however...it still doesnt solve the issue of that I want to have 12 icons without the dock labels....as soon as I put dock labels off, a 5th row jumps up, but then there is a space between the 4th and 6th row, leaving the 5th row blank instead of the 4th.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
Reflections on custom dock images? Did it do this automatically somehow? You have to create a new dock image, upload it to dock swap, and then choose it to get relections right?

I think I misunderstood you, because I definitely cant put any icons I want down on the dock and then reflections of those icons automatically...right? :confused:

Ah, and you are right about the skip last row feature, however...it still doesnt solve the issue of that I want to have 12 icons without the dock labels....as soon as I put dock labels off, a 5th row jumps up, but then there is a space between the 4th and 6th row, leaving the 5th row blank instead of the 4th.

The reflections are part of a custom dock image that is placed in the summerboard themes folder.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
I can't seem to install 2.11...

I'm trying to install Summerboard 2.11 but I am getting a "Error during install script execution" message after the package downloads. Anyone know what's going on? I have iTunes 7.3.2, AppTapp 2.4 and 1.0.2 iPhone firmware. Thanks!

granka

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
How do you change the name of the provider on the top. you know where it says AT&T I thought summerboard was the one where you can do that I want to fool some co workers aha

any help?

granka

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
i had another question about summerboard i also thought that it lets re arrange the icons on the spring board?

anyone know how you're supposed to re arrange the icons?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.