Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
ive followed all the instructions for manually installing summerboard, and it is on my home page, but everytime i click on it, it just hangs at a blank page with no options or anything, and about 5 seconds later, it will boot me out back to the home screen. the wallpaper in the background works, but i have no idea what im doing wrong.

also, another prolbme is my ipod keeps having this message that says like there is not enough free space or something and i need to delete some pictures or video, but i can still install stuff.

does anyone have solutions to my problems?

Vigilante

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2007
Florida.
I manually installed SummerBoard (everything in the correct parts, I even made sure that the .plist file had the correct permissions) and it does the same thing for me. When I open it up, I see "SummerBoard" on the top then it crashes ~20 seconds later. If I do re-jailbreak and manually install, will this fix it? I heard others saying that they should try that, but I rarely heard back on the results. Yes, I did check other threads. :(

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
im glad someone else has the same problem..wel not glad, but does anyone have a fix for this?

EnTg888

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
USA
You have to set the file permissions of smbprefs.app to "755". If you're using a GUI SSH client (Filezilla or Winscp, i assume cyberduck too) you have to check the box that says "recurse into subdirectories." To be safe, I set the file permissions of everything else summerboard-related to "755" also, and the plist file to "704" as in the instructions.

itazark2

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2007
You have to set the file permissions of smbprefs.app to "755". If you're using a GUI SSH client (Filezilla or Winscp, i assume cyberduck too) you have to check the box that says "recurse into subdirectories." To be safe, I set the file permissions of everything else summerboard-related to "755" also, and the plist file to "704" as in the instructions.

Nope, if you're on a Mac and using cyberduck, you do not need to change permissions (it doesn't even give you an option to write in "755" any where) as permissions are already set to Read/Write.

For Cyberduck users, simply SSH into your ipod touch, drop the folders into the right library, and it's all done. Easy peasy.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I needed to delete the Sumerboard frameworks folder that was already on my IPT...once I did that I was able to add the updated 1.1.1 firmware version and it worked perfectly...when I had both folders in the IPT it would give me the dock on top error...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.