Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
I haven't seen much talk about a theme application. Anyone that's browsed through the app store seen one?

I'm unfortunately at work on Win 2000 machine that I can't install iTunes on.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
This is the only thing I am really looking forward to. I hope someone comes up with something. Anything. This is the only reason I JB my phone. Was so I could change the background from black to an image. :(

It's impossible officially with the SDK. Applications can't edit other applications nor the entire system.

That just sucks..

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
Looks like 2.0 has already been hacked by the dev team. We should hopefully see a JB 2.0 version soon. Doubt I'll be patient enough to wait though with all the news and reviews I've read today.

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
This is the only thing I am really looking forward to. I hope someone comes up with something. Anything. This is the only reason I JB my phone. Was so I could change the background from black to an image. :(

Thats the main reason why I jailbroke my phone.

dog299

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
Maybe Apple will release one?

That function was the strongest reason i had to fight when considering Jailbreaking. I was really hopeful that it might be there on the App store :(

Riemann Zeta

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
I'm in the same boat. The ability to have real desktop wallpaper is the reason that I first did the JB on my phone with OS 1.1.X. It is too bad that Apple didn't just throw this into OS 2.0. Since they already put in the multiple-page launcher from Summerboard in 1.1.3, they should have just thrown in an option to do wallpaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.