Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Just1nCase

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Hello,

I am planning to install Summerboard to customize my iPod touch's icons and dock, but from reading the posts regarding "Summerboard", many people running into problems. Is there a guide to install Summerboard properly? Can I use the Installer.app to install Summerboard or do I have to manually install it myself using SSH/Cyberduck? Will Summerboard allow me to remove the "Stocks" app and "iTunes Music Store" app out of the dock easily without going through the *.plist file?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Arisian

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
China
Hello,

I am planning to install Summerboard to customize my iPod touch's icons and dock, but from reading the posts regarding "Summerboard", many people running into problems. Is there a guide to install Summerboard properly? Can I use the Installer.app to install Summerboard or do I have to manually install it myself using SSH/Cyberduck? Will Summerboard allow me to remove the "Stocks" app and "iTunes Music Store" app out of the dock easily without going through the *.plist file?

Please let me know. Thanks.

customize lets you play with your .plist. Summerboard wont do that. Summerboard is like a theme-based piece of software with backgrounds,icons, etc.

You are looking for customized.app <-- Note: the old version wont let you change the.plist and will probably crash. There is al ink floating somewhere around the forums that has info on where to find the new version of customized.

also, you can now install from installer.app (sb that is). Just make sure you dont use dim background option

Thanks,
Arisian

Just1nCase

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
customize lets you play with your .plist. Summerboard wont do that. Summerboard is like a theme-based piece of software with backgrounds,icons, etc.

You are looking for customized.app <-- Note: the old version wont let you change the.plist and will probably crash. There is al ink floating somewhere around the forums that has info on where to find the new version of customized.

also, you can now install from installer.app (sb that is). Just make sure you dont use dim background option

Thanks,
Arisian

Thanks, I found the new version of Customized and successfully installed it. Now, everything looks better than before. Thanks again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.