Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oseary

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
I've searched the forums to no avail... I love SB, it's amazing... I've had my phone for 3 days (total) and have hacked the holy heck outta this thing, it's an awesome, awesome device with nearly endless potential (I hate the autocorrect, r0x is fox? huh? And I don't like that one can't sign in to his/her own YouTube account for their applicable subscriptions... come on now!), however with SB, I need some more interesting themes...

Any idea on where to get some? I've Googled, no luck. However, since I'm a n00b to this iPhone stuff, one of our glorious forum members may know more than I?

Also, anyone else use Twitter? I've seen many a screenshots with the Twitter bird on their springboard, yet I can't find a standalone Twitter app/widget to get onto the phone... Any ideas?

I'm using installer.app, on AT&T, and with no jailbreaking. Just a heads up on my setup. :p

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
I've searched the forums to no avail... I love SB, it's amazing... I've had my phone for 3 days (total) and have hacked the holy heck outta this thing, it's an awesome, awesome device with nearly endless potential (I hate the autocorrect, r0x is fox? huh? And I don't like that one can't sign in to his/her own YouTube account for their applicable subscriptions... come on now!), however with SB, I need some more interesting themes...

Any idea on where to get some? I've Googled, no luck. However, since I'm a n00b to this iPhone stuff, one of our glorious forum members may know more than I?

Also, anyone else use Twitter? I've seen many a screenshots with the Twitter bird on their springboard, yet I can't find a standalone Twitter app/widget to get onto the phone... Any ideas?

I'm using installer.app, on AT&T, and with no jailbreaking. Just a heads up on my setup. :p

Once you connect to your phone via SFTP, search through the directories to the summerboard.app folder. I believe there should be a themes folder within that directory. In that themes folder is there folders for the different themes already within the app, with all the files within each of those folders?

If so, you would just have to make a new folder within the themes folder, then add the files.

I could be completely wrong because I cannot SSH onto my phone, but I know there is a themes folder somewhere for summerboard and this is how Im guessing it is done.

oseary

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
In that themes folder is there folders for the different themes already within the app, with all the files within each of those folders?

Yea, there's that folder, I just didn't know if there was a site we could go to, or add a source via installer that would allow us to download them either directly to the phone or SSH them in.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Yea, there's that folder, I just didn't know if there was a site we could go to, or add a source via installer that would allow us to download them either directly to the phone or SSH them in.

ah, I know what you mean now. Unfortunatly I dont think there is. I wish, because that would be awesome and Im sure that there will be sooner or later.

Everyone creating themes now is making their own and uploading them via SSH

jan303

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
frankfurt germany
if you hate the autocorrect you can install KB via installer.app, after that you can deactivate it in keyboard settings.

been looking for SB themes as well, but since those guys are releasing a new version almost every day i think there are not too many user created themes yet. that should change soon though, SB has developed into an amazing app :) i presently use it together with dockswap which works fine in the new SB version since you can turn the theme docks off.

i just love this little machine...

jan

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Why do the instructions say that if you want to install AppTapp you should uncheck the auto sync with the iPhone. Will it not sync properly if AppTapp is installed?

oseary

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Why do the instructions say that if you want to install AppTapp you should uncheck the auto sync with the iPhone. Will it not sync properly if AppTapp is installed?

Not for sure but, I think it has something to do with the initial setup of it, due to on the screen of the phone saying "please connect to iTunes" however you're not really supposed to, as the installer is still "doing some stuff." I'm not 100% sure though.

I think once it's done installing installer, you can set it back to auto-sync. I personally think auto-syncing is annoying as heck, as is when iPhoto pops up asking to import all my photos from the phone.

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan

Because, when the the AppTapp software puts the phone into restore mode to install the installer.app, if you have that box checked it will automatically try to connect to iTunes, inturrupting the installation process.

poppe

macrumors 68020
Apr 29, 2006
Woodland Hills
Ok thanks. This is damn exciting. Gonna hack my iPhone!!!

Ok I just did it! Summerboard for some reason is not responding to anything. I have tried making it a 5 dock or changing it to a leopard theme, but I for some reason can not get it to change any thing. I have restarted.

What are your thoughts (I am new at this)

oseary

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Ok thanks. This is damn exciting. Gonna hack my iPhone!!!

Ok I just did it! Summerboard for some reason is not responding to anything. I have tried making it a 5 dock or changing it to a leopard theme, but I for some reason can not get it to change any thing. I have restarted.

What are your thoughts (I am new at this)

Do you have dockswap installed? I don't know if that matters.

Two more themes available via installer for SB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.