Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bitsUltra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Hi all,

I'm very excited to let you guys know that my first app on the Apple TV has been approved and ready.
Sunni - is a beautiful weather app with breath taking back drop images and clear and concise weather info. It'll be on the TV App Store when they open it up.

Follow me on Twitter (@bitsUltra) or fb (https://www.facebook.com/sunniapp) for more updates and promo codes.

To celebrate the launch, I'll send a promo code to each and every follower until I run out of them. (I'll send out when the App Store launches)

Thanks

+ Homescreen
22362767920_d732503431_h.jpg

+ Graphical hourly forecast
21929520183_51db837fd6_h.jpg

Last edited:

Sukach

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
Looks great! Not sure what features you'd have, but here is something I'd like to see.... Have the background rotate photos (every 15/30/60 min) using photos that match the type of weather my location is having. If it is dark and story out, photos of lightning. I think the Yahoo weather app on the iPhone does this. If you have this, I think this would be a great app to just have running on the TV when I'm not actively watching TV.

bitsUltra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
@Sukach yes, the background image is a match with the actual weather. You can see in the first pic, it's scattered cloud and the image shows just that. :) the backgrounds will be refresh too, so you'll see different backgrounds and not just the same one all the time. Cheers!

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
@Sukach yes, the background image is a match with the actual weather. You can see in the first pic, it's scattered cloud and the image shows just that. :) the backgrounds will be refresh too, so you'll see different backgrounds and not just the same one all the time. Cheers!

This would be so cool as a screen saver

Reactions: bitsUltra

bitsUltra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Hi all,

I've just sent a bunch of promo code to you guys who followed me. Enjoy!

I still have a bunch more. I'm very excited for the Apple TV :)

roman59

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
My morning noon evening and night icons are not updating is there a way to refresh these?

Many thanks

bitsUltra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
My morning noon evening and night icons are not updating is there a way to refresh these?

Many thanks

It'll auto refresh every 15 min but you can close the app and open it again to force refresh. It seems the app is not getting weather for that area. What city is that? Or maybe no internet connection?

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
I have that same issue. Main screen is fine but four icons lower right are like circles with a + in them.

bitsUltra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2015
Yes, it's a hiccup based on the time of the day. It'll be fixed in the next update. I already submitted to Apple for approval.

Thanks for the feedback you guys.

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Yes, it's a hiccup based on the time of the day. It'll be fixed in the next update. I already submitted to Apple for approval.

Thanks for the feedback you guys.

You as a dev, do you know if Apple allows you to use the full 1920x1080 screen of a TV screen or do you have to take an empty border around the screen into account of e.g. 20 pixels wide to allow for overscan.

I noticed that some apps have icons, buttons, UI element slightly off screen, some don't.

Makes me wonder if Apple actually has guidelines. The screen calibration option is of no use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.