Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FelicityW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
NY->CA->AZ->MI->AZ
If I subscribe to a network app, say CBS, do I have to have a streaming service to connect it to? I would think the subscription would allow me to watch CBS without the benefit of anything except an internet connection; perhaps I would only be able to watch shows after they have aired? Other than sports events, that is fine with me.

I have an Apple-TV and am pretty tech-savvy. I used to live in an 'A' market and had Comcast (loved it) and now live in a 'B/C' market with a lot less disposable income and much slower internet. (And have to admit I find the whole 'break-up' of cable a wee bit of a CF; with freedom comes complexity;-).)

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
If you are talking about CBS All Access. It is a streaming service. You pay a monthly fee for it to have access to any of the shows available on the service. Then you connect to it with their app or their website.

FelicityW

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
NY->CA->AZ->MI->AZ
If you are talking about CBS All Access. It is a streaming service. You pay a monthly fee for it to have access to any of the shows available on the service. Then you connect to it with their app or their website.

Thank you for the fast reply! To clarify, a subscription to CBS All Access does NOT require a concurrent subscription to a Hulu, Fubo, Sling, etc. type of service in order to view shows.

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Thank you for the fast reply! To clarify, a subscription to CBS All Access does NOT require a concurrent subscription to a Hulu, Fubo, Sling, etc. type of service in order to view shows.

No, those are competing services.

You'll only get access to CBS shows available on All Access. Hulu, Sling &c may have preexisting licenses for some shows not available on All Access. But you don't need any of them to use All Access.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.