Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Super Mario 2 is at least, if not more than I had hoped!

I think it offers phenomenal amounts of play, especially how much better it is from the original WiiU/3DS version and all the user-created downloadable courses!

I finally bought into the Switch Online service; and I even got the eShop/digital version, which goes against my strong preference for physical cartridges.

Be sure to post your own created course ID, or even Maker ID, for us to try your courses!

Last edited:

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
I´m on the hype train too! I´m just not good at level design but I love playing on other people´s creations, particularly on those played by Dashie and other youtubers.

Reactions: phillytim

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
We are! My little G was a HUGE fan of the Wii-U version, really into the design part - and she was kind of bummed when we sold all that gear and upgraded to the Switch.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I'm glad I ended up buying the eShop version, because this game is awesome and I'm trying to concurrently work my way through the epic Zelda Breath of the Wild - which would have involved a LOT of cartridge-switching, since it seems like I'll be playing SMM2 a lot.

I haven't cracked much of the big story mode yet; the online user-created levels are like a full game in themselves, and always something fascinating to find!

This endless game should practically be baked into any Switch console produced!

Last edited:
Reactions: scottcampbell

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
It looks great, My brother has MM2 but I have avoided as much as I can about it for now, but that stylus is very good.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Bought the game tonight! Started story mode, about 10 levels in. Great fun!!

Haven’t tried playing other people’s levels yet. Do I need a Switch online sub for that?

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Bought the game tonight! Started story mode, about 10 levels in. Great fun!!

Haven’t tried playing other people’s levels yet. Do I need a Switch online sub for that?
Congrats!!! Yes, you do need a Switch Online to check out others' levels, but it also lets you upload any levels that you create, and play multiplayer levels with others.

I finally forked over the $20 for it myself, after all this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taustin Powers

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Congrats!!! Yes, you do need a Switch Online to check out others' levels, but it also lets you upload any levels that you create, and play multiplayer levels with others.

I finally forked over the $20 for it myself, after all this time.

Thanks for the info. Guess I will do that, too, then... I see the catalog of NES games with the sub has grown quite a bit, maybe I'll check some out. But I am still hoping they will include a SNES collection at some point - that's my console of choice, and I would love to have those games on the Switch!

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
There are rumors of SNES coming; but Nintendo is like Apple - you never know until they release it!

SMM2 may keep you plenty busy tho, in addition to any other Switch games with online multiplayer that you may have?

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
There are rumors of SNES coming; but Nintendo is like Apple - you never know until they release it!

SMM2 may keep you plenty busy tho, in addition to any other Switch games with online multiplayer that you may have?

I only have three Switch games: Mario Odyssey (finished main story), Breath of the Wild (have not started), and SMM2. The online sub would only be to play other people‘s levels at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.