Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I haven't had a real problem with it up until today. It will NOT open, I get the loading screen but then it suddenly closes.. I have tried restarting the phone, and powering it off.. neither one worked.

***UPDATE***
I have tried restoring the phone with no luck, SMB still will not load. I have tried deleting the app and re-syncing, this does not work either.

I have also tried deleting the app and re-downloading a fresh copy with no luck.

Any suggestions? The only other thing I haven't tried is setting up as a new phone (which I'd rather avoid, but it seems to be my only choice)

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
The restore shouldn't be required, and is the last thing I would want to do.. I just got this phone a few days ago after exchanging my old one.

Anyone have any other ideas? If I remove the app from my phone and put it back on will I lose my data?

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
If I remove the app from my phone and put it back on will I lose my data?

Yes, you will lose it. But I don't know of anything else to do that will also preserve the data.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have a way to back up an individual app and restore data for an individual app. That's probably my singe biggest wish for iPhone updates.

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Bump.. I have tried restoring the phone with no luck, SMB still will not load. I have tried deleting the app and re-syncing, this does not work either.

I have also tried deleting the app and re-downloading a fresh copy with no luck.

Any suggestions?

petermanges

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Bump!

bump.

Im having this exact same problem- monkey ball will start to load, getting as far as the loading screen, and then it crashes.
Any solutions?

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Nope, when backing-up App data isn't saved.
It's very annoying actually.

Yes it is. I backed up my phone, and when I restored it my data was saved. Note, that's doing a restore, not just syncing the game back. Of course, in this case that could be a bad thing, because it could be a bad save killing the game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.