Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Polinsky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2023
"Supercut" is a AVP native app for viewing Netflix. It works very well. Nice interface. Works with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision. It also works with Amazon Prime Video, but I haven't tried that aspect of the app yet.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I really have been loving Supercut. I feel like switching back and forth between Netflix and Prime Video is a tad wonky, but good enough, and the interface is exactly what I'd expect these two platforms to come up with themselves. (Probably better, if we're being honest.)

Reactions: Polinsky

BeatCrazy

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2011
I like the app, but switching between Prime and Netflix seems overly complicated.

Edit - also I've been meaning to complain that there is a pretty severe bug, at least with Prime. If you take the AVP off, the video pauses, but there is no way to unpause! You literally have to force-quit the app and relaunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: myrtledog

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I love it as an app for viewing Netflix and haven’t bothered using it for Amazon Prime video as the iPad version fo the Prime Video app has worked perfectly well for me so far. IMO it’s worth every penny for Netflix alone and between it and Juno plus the iPad compatible apps for Paramount+and the Vision Pro apps for Disney+ and Max there are apps now for every streaming service I use. Now if Microsoft will just release the version of the Remote Desktop iPad App that allows it to be installed on the Vision Pro or opens up the beta to allow more users to install it I’ll have all of the apps at the top of my wish list. The iPad Jump RDP client works OK but my eyes still fight with the track pad for control of the UI making the experience less than pleasant at times. I don’t know if Jump is still under active development or not but if a setting existed that would disable eye based control of the UI while in an RDP window if you have a trackpad where added in it would make a world of difference.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I love it as an app for viewing Netflix and haven’t bothered using it for Amazon Prime video as the iPad version fo the Prime Video app has worked perfectly well for me so far. IMO it’s worth every penny for Netflix alone and between it and Juno plus the iPad compatible apps for Paramount+and the Vision Pro apps for Disney+ and Max there are apps now for every streaming service I use. Now if Microsoft will just release the version of the Remote Desktop iPad App that allows it to be installed on the Vision Pro or opens up the beta to allow more users to install it I’ll have all of the apps at the top of my wish list. The iPad Jump RDP client works OK but my eyes still fight with the track pad for control of the UI making the experience less than pleasant at times. I don’t know if Jump is still under active development or not but if a setting existed that would disable eye based control of the UI while in an RDP window if you have a trackpad where added in it would make a world of difference.
I don't find any of the iPad apps very usable as I don't feel like any of them are outputting atmos audio to my AirPods. I don't think prime via supercut is either though. I just use my AVP for Netflix via supercut and native apps like Apple TV plus, Disney and max for now as I know I'm getting the best quality picture and and sound. the rest ill watch on my LG old and home theater system like always.

Reactions: Macaholic868
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.