Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SharkySharky

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2007
Utah
Hey I have a question. I have been playing Starcraft again recently and I have a question.

During gameplay I will realize that the disc drive has stopped spinning and then when the game needs something from the disc, the game will freeze for a second until the disc starts spinning again and loads what the game needs.

Is there a way to get the disc to not stop spinning completely or is this just an issue of my own or of Starcraft.

Or

Is there a way to burn my disc to my Hard Drive and have Starcraft think the disc image is in the super drive then that could work too.

I do own the game so the second option isn't illegal.

This isn't a huge deal, but it does get frustrating when I think my CPU has locked up during the middle of a game.

I have a Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.10

Thanks again for any help.

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Is there a way to burn my disc to my Hard Drive and have Starcraft think the disc image is in the super drive then that could work too.

Yes you can. Open up Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility then choose File -> New Image -> New Image from Device X... (the bottom option) and choose where to save your image. Then you can open the image and Starcraft will play just fine without the CD in the Drive. This also works for Warcraft III.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.