Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilkie0408

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
I am new to macs and I am wondering if my macbook has a superdrive. I clicked on the apple, selected "about this mac" and went down to "more info" and from there selected the Disc Burning option. Under DvD-Write It says: -R, -RW, +R, +RW

Does that mean I have a superdrive and that my macbook is able to burn dvds?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
I am new to macs and I am wondering if my macbook has a superdrive. I clicked on the apple, selected "about this mac" and went down to "more info" and from there selected the Disc Burning option. Under DvD-Write It says: -R, -RW, +R, +RW

yes

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
next to dvd write does it not say: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

cause it sounds like you can only write to single layer dvds

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004

next to dvd write does it not say: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

cause it sounds like you can only write to single layer dvds

Is it a CoreDuo (revision A) Macbook? If so then this is correct. The CD 2.0 MacBooks shipped with a 4x Superdrive (not dual-layer).

The original C2D shipped with a 6x DL-Superdrive, the current C2D ships with an 8x DL-Superdrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.