Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I haven't tried it on CCC, although I do have the beta installed.

From the CCC website:

If you prefer to not see beta versions of CCC, open CCC's Preferences window, click on Software Update, then uncheck the box next to Inform me of beta releases.

This beta offers preliminary support for macOS High Sierra, which is currently available as a Developer Preview and slated for production release in the Fall. We have encountered a handful of issues specific to the High Sierra Developer Preview:

• The Dynamic Linker Shared Cache appears to be broken (rdar://32589377). This version of CCC will avoid rebuilding that cache if running on High Sierra to avoid system instability.
  • APFS startup volumes can be cloned to an HFS+ destination, resulting in a bootable backup on the destination. The sematics for the Recovery volume have changed, however, so CCC will not create a Recovery volume on the HFS+ destination when cloning from an APFS source volume.
  • APFS startup volumes have new, proprietary Recovery, Virtual Memory, and Preboot volumes. Adding support for these new volume types will take a considerable amount of engineering effort, so support for these is not currently available in this release of CCC. CCC can make a backup of your user and system files to an APFS volume, but it will not produce a bootable backup on an APFS destination. Use an HFS+ destination for now if you require a bootable backup.
Please choose 'Report a Problem' from CCC's Help menu if you encounter any problems with CCC in High Sierra that aren't listed here. Stay tuned to our blog for more details on support for the new features and functionality in macOS High Sierra.

Reactions: Weaselboy

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
Those guys do truly great work. I'm sure they'll get bootable APFS targets and the encryption stuff working by the time high sierra is released, or not long after. But good to know it's usable already if you don't care about the target being APFS and bootable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.