Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
I just noticed what appears to be a new release of Supreme Command 2 on the Mac App Store. I say appears to be new because while it is definitely new on the App Store as far as I know, I see there is a system requirement of 10.8.x

So, I thought I'd share this bit of good news this morning. :)

Mac Moof

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013
it has been on Steam for a while (via some other Mac Gaming store that i cannot remember right now). I really enjoyed, although the ending seemed like it was setting everything up for a sequel that has never arrived. I think Real time strategies are a poor seller these days compared the FPS.

Anyway worth a buy, as i paid way more for it.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
it has been on Steam for a while (via some other Mac Gaming store that i cannot remember right now). I really enjoyed, although the ending seemed like it was setting everything up for a sequel that has never arrived. I think Real time strategies are a poor seller these days compared the FPS.

Anyway worth a buy, as i paid way more for it.

I'm not sure why you make mention of Steam here. The game is not a Steamplay title. There is no Mac version on Steam.

But as mentioned above, it is on MAS now. :D

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I'm not sure why you make mention of Steam here. The game is not a Steamplay title. There is no Mac version on Steam.

It's on steam indirectly. If you buy it from a third party seller you get a Steam key. It's weird, but that's how it works.

. I think Real time strategies are a poor seller these days compared the FPS.

Definitely true, sadly, as demonstrated by the Planetary Annihilation kickstarter (made by TA and SupCom devs.) Really hope that game is good.

Mac Moof

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013

As CougarCat mentioned you can get it indirectly from Steam. You buy it through deliver2mac and then download and play it off Steam. An odd setup but i guess it makes money for someone. Its been on there for a while now, at least 2 years and has the expansion pack.

http://www.deliver2mac.com/products/sc2

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 17, 2012
As CougarCat mentioned you can get it indirectly from Steam. You buy it through deliver2mac and then download and play it off Steam. An odd setup but i guess it makes money for someone. Its been on there for a while now, at least 2 years and has the expansion pack.

http://www.deliver2mac.com/products/sc2

It is very strange it isn't on the Steam store itself.

Anyway, in this case I think I'll just go MAS to avoid any potential unpleasant surprises. The most current version just put up on MAS may not be on Steam since I thought I read someplace that Virtual Programming isn't doing Steam releases anymore.

Last edited:

ryanfrank

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2015
spain
It is very strange it isn't on the Steam store itself.

Anyway, in this case I think I'll just go MAS to avoid any potential unpleasant surprises. The most current version just put up on MAS may not be on Steam since I thought I read someplace that Virtual Programming isn't doing Steam releases anymore.
Hi all
anyone know why Supreme commander 2 is no longer listed on deliver2mac.... or where it can be bought... ot seems it was possible but now no longer.. thanks

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I hate to resurrect this topic, however I cannot find the Mac version anywhere either, and GameAgent has shutdown and now become www.aspyr.com, which does not supply any Supreme Commander 2 copies whatsoever.

It looks like Virtual Programming lost the rights to sell it. The steam key I had acquired still works. (I bought it a long time ago and I can still download/play it in Steam. And there's this: https://www.macgamestore.com/product/1619/Supreme-Commander-2/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.