Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barnetda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX
I estimate i have spent at least 7 hours talking to different people who all tell me differing things, however i do believe in time it will be resolved BUT surely we should at the very least get our $35 activation fee refunded??

mrowl

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
Texas, USA
I estimate i have spent at least 7 hours talking to different people who all tell me differing things, however i do believe in time it will be resolved BUT surely we should at the very least get our $35 activation fee refunded??

why? did apple or at&t guarantee that it would be activated within a certain time period?

And it seems that outside of the complaining here, that the majority of folks did not have a problem with activation

ctakim

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
Activation is nearly instantaneous if you are getting a brand new number. The delay seems to be for folks porting over a number to AT&T. It might be the fault of those releasing the number, not necessarily AT&T. Still is a bummer to have to wait so long, though.

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Raleigh, NC
why? did apple or at&t guarantee that it would be activated within a certain time period?

And it seems that outside of the complaining here, that the majority of folks did not have a problem with activation

While I do agree with you but what about the group of us still waiting :(

There has to be a cut off point at some point where it becomes excessive.

barnetda

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Dallas, TX

No you are correct and I am of course wrong. Being told to phone so many different departments and spending more than 7 hours on hold at various time is the height of customer service. In fact i should write to ATT and demand to pay more for such quality.
Give me a break. If they said it takes 3 days, then not a problem. But i keep getting different messages asking me to call them and when i finally get throiugh i am either disconnected or told i didnt need to call them its all going through!!! Here i am on Monday morning still not activated after being stupid enough to believe the hype.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ

I don't know how you can even say that.

My activation took around 30 hours. I spent 2+ hours on the phone (not on hold, actually on the phone with someone) until they finally decided that my number could not be ported. You know what? They were wrong. Not only did they repeatedly mess up all my info, I was told, by numerous people, that the number simply could not be ported and that I would have to go to a cingular store and get a new sim card.

That's right, I would have to go back out and fix their mistake. And guess what? It was sunday, after 6 pm, at this point- all stores are closed. I would not be able to go until the next day. Guess what again- I have a job. A real one- which means I have obligations and can't just leave to go get a phone fixed. I also have meetings scheduled until around 8 pm that day- no time to get the problem fixed.

So I politely said, not asked, that I would not be paying an activation fee. I understand delays, but this is unacceptable. They agreed, problem solved.

And then guess what? After I was told my number couldn't be ported- BAM! Email arrives from apple that my number was, in fact, ported. Guess what, I still don't have to pay my activation fee and my phone works. Looks like they do not at all know waht they are talking about over there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.