Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WU27f1xcCs

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2022
Hi,

I have AirPods Pro 2 arriving in less than a week, I’ve never had AirPods before and I’m worried they won’t work for my use case:
  • Surface 4, Windows 10 work laptop, do lots of Teams calls during the day
  • iPhone 12, like to listen to music in between calls whilst working on other stuff
  • iPad Pro 2017, in range when I am at home
My current setup is a Jabra headset which switches seamlessly between my phone and laptop, and prioritises calls when they come in (as long as my iPad isn’t also paired). This is exactly what I want to happen with my AirPods.

I see my coworkers on calls manually switching to get their AirPods going. Will I have that issue here?

First post, sorry if I did it wrong :(

Reactions: orbital~debris

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
AirPods across multiple platforms are terrible. They are just really designed to be used within the Apple ecosystem. Since I use a variety of devices, and my main productivity device is a Surface Pro 8, I decided to get Sony WH1000XM5 over AirPods Max. Multipoint connection just works, whether it is with my Surface Pro 8, my iPhone or my iPad. I had to pair the airpods manually every time I wanted to switch from the a Windows device to an iOS one. I still have a pair of AirPods Pro, but I use that exclusively with my iPhone and Apple Watch, mostly when working out outdoors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.