Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeff Stam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2019
I have a Surface Pro 6 (about 7 mos old), and the sound options are gone. My external speakers are working fine, but I can't get sound through my ear buds, headphones (both plug in) or wireless audio toys... My wireless options are paired and my headphones work on other devices... I don't want to be without it for a couple weeks while awaiting repair...any known fixes? J.S. <><

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
If you are still under warranty and take it to an MS Store, they will replace it on the spot. They don’t send surface products away for repair.

Jeff Stam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2019
If you are still under warranty and take it to an MS Store, they will replace it on the spot. They don’t send surface products away for repair.
That is good to know, but the closest MS Store is 4 hrs away (Chicago)... Do you know if there's an alternative to going to the store?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
That is good to know, but the closest MS Store is 4 hrs away (Chicago)... Do you know if there's an alternative to going to the store?
I do believe there is a mail in program. Same thing applies, but I cannot tell you if that takes a few days or longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.