Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
It’s a bit weird that there hasn’t been any iPad leaks outside of dimensions with parts or images this close to a supposed launch. Makes me think it’s going to look the same with an identical slightly resized chassis with an upgraded screen?

No case leaks either..thoughts?
Either Apple is doing better at controlling or maybe people simply don't care enough anymore. Not really much innovation is happening unless the OLED rumors are true but outside of that what can you do with an iPad that hasn't already been done? They'll throw an M3 chip in (worthless), maybe change the orientation of the faceID, and if the OLED rumors aren't real then it's the same'ol song and dance.

Nautilus007

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
U.S
T
Either Apple is doing better at controlling or maybe people simply don't care enough anymore. Not really much innovation is happening unless the OLED rumors are true but outside of that what can you do with an iPad that hasn't already been done? They'll throw an M3 chip in (worthless), maybe change the orientation of the faceID, and if the OLED rumors aren't real then it's the same'ol song and dance.
That’s a fair point but I would figure at least a case manufacturer would leak something.

Unless they aren’t as close to release as we thought or the changes are minimal. I highly doubt they can control leaks well.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
T

That’s a fair point but I would figure at least a case manufacturer would leak something.

Unless they aren’t as close to release as we thought or the changes are minimal. I highly doubt they can control leaks well.
Perhaps the last few years of producing cases based on rumors has finally taught the manufacturers to be a bit more cautious?

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
Yes this is unusual I check for leaks multiple times a day and I must say I’m impressed that the iPad Pro doesn’t have any real leaks We got the CAD model of the new iPad Air, nothing on the pros I feel since it’s a significant upgrade in years that Apple will try to shock us like they did with the Dynamic Island

Last edited:

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
iPad has never been so interesting as iPhones and not worth Apple retaliations for leaking. We have some smaller leaks like OLED and thinner iPad Pro. However, the 12.9 Air will be a new trend so no wonder there are more leaks about that.

Yes, Apple, surprise us!

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
I hate to jinx it but I think we’re still several weeks away from the reveal. Plenty of time for more leaks. I expect we’ll know almost everything and have seen photos of some of it before Apple shows it to us.

RichHI

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2018
Princeville, HI
It’s a bit weird that there hasn’t been any iPad leaks outside of dimensions with parts or images this close to a supposed launch. Makes me think it’s going to look the same with an identical slightly resized chassis with an upgraded screen?

No case leaks either..thoughts?
I wonder if it may be due to separate suppliers making the screens for the smaller and larger iPad Pro's. Got my fingers crossed they do not add an island as that would stop me buying one of the new ones.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
They'll throw an M3 chip in (worthless),

Going to almost half the die size isn't worthless, especially in something like this without a fan. Better battery life and thermals. Performance is good enough as it is (for normal people).

The move to M3 with the MacBook Pro (I have) wasn't earth shattering mainly because the M2 is so good.

The Air will also benefit. A desirable item.

Reactions: Homme
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.