Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
I went through a number of these with the first and second generation iPhones. I loved the design and simplicity of the earpieces and wanted them to work soooo badly. About half the time, the earpiece was serviceable.

However, if I put the phone in my pocket, I would get immediate and significant static, rendering the earpiece useless. As such, I used the earpiece only which driving (I guess that's a good thing - I looked less like a douchebag) and the phone had to be in the center console.

After buying the 3GS this morning, I paired it with the Apple bluetooth earpiece to see if, by some miracle, the phone worked better with it. Amazingly enough, I got NO static. There was minor signal breakup, but I didn't have the full bars on the phone anyway.

So, for those of you who wrote off your purchase, but still have the earpiece around, give it another shot. You might not be as disappointed as you have been.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I never had a problem on the 3G, though I haven't compared it to the 3GS. My gripe was that it won't stay firmly in my ear. Though I know people that love it. I'm thinking of craigslisting mine soon.

clarman

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
bluetooth earpiece wont work with voice command

Its hard to believe that apple would not get it done correctly after we have waited so long for voice command...the ads are misleading even on apple website during tour of voice command where they say press home button or just push on the button on your earpiece...doesnt work on bluetooth earpiece...I spoke with apple on phone and they said problem with your third party vendor so I spoke with jawbone and plantronics...they said the problem is with apple their products work with other brands of cell phones with voice recognition...what now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.