Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve.harman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2008
Portland
Hello,

I have successfully created my SUS and all of my clients are now looking at my Xserver for any updates that are available and YAY just in time too, since 10.5.6 just came out today. My problem is that I need to figure out a script that I can implement on my Windows 2003 PDC that will authenticate admin rights on all of my MAC's for any updates that are available. All of the people that login to the MAC's are agents and don't have access to anything other than what is necessary to do their jobs. Hopefully someone out there is doing a similar thing with their network. I appreciate any ideas though on how to get this done. I already do have a script in place and it is pulling the information correctly, but I need to expand on this. Please help!! Here is what I have so far:

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate CatalogURL http://MYSERVER_IP:8088/index.sucatalog

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.