Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
hey guys, it has probably been talked about before. I am past the 14 day return period...is there any chance Apple will swap my Sport for the Stainless watch? It just looks nicer and has so many more band options.

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I BELIEVE there is a 30 day return on Watch's though I could be wrong. If so, return it and order a SS model.

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I BELIEVE there is a 30 day return on Watch's though I could be wrong. If so, return it and order a SS model.
I just checked and I have just exceeded my 30 days, so I can't :( oh well! I'm still a little undecided whether it's worth the extra $300 and so dollars. Maybe I will hang out for a stainless for Gen 2 :) thanks!

RodDavies

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2014
I just checked and I have just exceeded my 30 days, so I can't :( oh well! I'm still a little undecided whether it's worth the extra $300 and so dollars. Maybe I will hang out for a stainless for Gen 2 :) thanks!

Bummer

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia

That sucks. Maybe see what the second hand market is like and hopefully won't be too much of a loss if you really wanted the SS.

pirateRACE

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2010
I sold my SGS at cost on Craigslist. It even had a tiny mark on the side. Nice guy who was going on vacation for his anniversary bought it. His order was still a couple weeks out. You'll find someone, but you may have to turn down some weird barter requests! Good luck!

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I sold my SGS at cost on Craigslist. It even had a tiny mark on the side. Nice guy who was going on vacation for his anniversary bought it. His order was still a couple weeks out. You'll find someone, but you may have to turn down some weird barter requests! Good luck!
Sell it on CL...you should be able to break even, then get the SS. Much nicer watch.

Will give it a shot and see what I come up with! Thanks guys. It really does have a much classier look to it. Originally I thought, "its first gen". But after a while, I have realised I will have it for quiet a while, so I am as well go for the nicer one.

Reactions: Galley

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Will give it a shot and see what I come up with! Thanks guys. It really does have a much classier look to it. Originally I thought, "its first gen". But after a while, I have realised I will have it for quiet a while, so I am as well go for the nicer one.

Yeah just list it for like 100 over retail and someone will buy it to save waiting and that way you only have a further 100 to spend on the SS

Reactions: moxxham

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Definitely give it a try... I was in the exact same position, I already had a SG Sport but after having my try-on appointment I felt that the SS was worth the upgrade.... Sold my Sport on Kijiji (Canadian rival to Craigslist) last week for $150 profit, my SS with Milanese is arriving either Thursday/Friday this week (depending on UPS, have had a few delays already).

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK

This is why I went with the SS at the last minute. I was going to go with the sport due to the whole "first gen" thing. Then decided that I'd have to wear it for at least a year, and wanted it to look good during that time, so went with SS.

Reactions: Galley

Anya B

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2013
I've had both and I feel the SS is by far the more versatile and stylish offering, I plan to wear it for a while to wanted to be happy with my choice. I originally picked the SS based on looks but baulked at the price and purchased the Sport.

In the end I went with my first choice and the one i really wanted, SS 42mm with leather loop.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
The grass is always greener....here I am after having bought a couple more new sport bands thinking I probably would have enjoyed the Sport and could have saved myself a couple hundred dollars. Oh well I'm sure I'll feel differently when the modern buckle bands finally go on sale.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Just to clarify a few things, you have 14 calendar days from receipt of delivery to file for a return, and another 14 days to ship it to Apple to get the credit.

You are outside the window, but selling on Craigslist or eBay is an option.

I also started with a Space Grey and realized after a week with it that I really wanted the nicer SS. I made this decision last weekend, with a couple days left in my return window, so I put in a return request. I happened to preorder a SS on May 3, anticipating that I might want to upgrade (I knew I could always cancel the order if I didn't). The SS arrives tomorrow and that's when I'll put my SG back in the box and ship it to Apple.

I considered selling my SG on eBay for a profit, but the selling prices are quickly dropping given that Apple is catching up with orders and the impatient people have already mostly figured out how to get a watch. There is still a profit to be made but minus shipping and eBay selling fees, it was not enough for me to bother. I don't like selling on Craigslist so I decided to just return it to Apple.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Sold my Sport on Craigslist for $200 above retail. There are still buyers out there who don't want to wait but act quickly before they announce in store sales.

Reactions: 01silver4
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.