Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TerryJoyce

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if someone can help. I bought an iPad WiFi only model from Apple Store Online. I was wondering if it would be possible to get an exchange for a 3G model. But I was wondering if I can do this at PC World or somewhere like that not have to wait for the Apple Store.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Apple will charge a restock fee and pc world has the worst refund policy so you stand no chance.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Go to an apple store, be nice, maybe even go for a higher memory model.

I'm sure they'll gladly cooperate. If not, refund it, buy 3G one.

TerryJoyce

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I rang the store and they have said that I have to send it back and then buy the 3G version. Are there any cheap ways to get the WiFi iPads to be 3G??

TerryJoyce

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I was in the Three Store yesterday and the nice lady there told me to wait before buying a MyWi device as they are bringing out some new contracts on the 4th June. So lets see what happens.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
This.

Don't call. Go to the store in person. It's much harder for them to turn you down in person :)

Just stand outside the apple store and sell it to someone who is looking for one. Not sure about uk but they are very scarce int the us.

Macdicted

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2010
NYC > Tampa Bay
I swapped mine out yesterday. I was having wifi issues and asked to change to 3G. They have stock set aside for people that have problems with their current iPad. The manager waived the restocking fee and I now have a 3G.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.