Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Swarm have just updated their app to support the watch and it is really nice. Unlike many watch apps that are clunky and complicated, this app keeps things simple with a single check in button and a force press to change location. I really like it. It also shows friends nearby but I never use that functionality.

I'm sure many will comment about how pointless Swarm is etc and that's fine but not my point - just highlighting a nicely designed app that acknowledges the fact that watch interactions are meant to be brief and easy.

(P.S. If anyone wonders why I use Swarm, I like having a log of everywhere I've been, that I can view on a global map, and also populates a history in Foursquare so I can leave tips/reviews/ratings to further improve foursquare recommendations).

BigOrangeSU

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
Ya much needed update, though I can't seem to consistently be able to select a new location when the auto-detected one is not mine. I know I can force touch but sometimes I just refresh.

illiniry

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
Chicago
I love Swarm for the same reasons as you. None of my friends even use it, I just like being able to catalog where I have been and I don't know of any other app that does it better, plus I've been using it for years. I did cringe when I heard that they were creating a separate check-in app in place of FourSquare though, it's a shame that its popularity has dropped so drastically. Thanks for the info about the force touch to change the location, I used today for the first time and didn't realize you could do that.

Swarm have just updated their app to support the watch and it is really nice. Unlike many watch apps that are clunky and complicated, this app keeps things simple with a single check in button and a force press to change location. I really like it. It also shows friends nearby but I never use that functionality.

I'm sure many will comment about how pointless Swarm is etc and that's fine but not my point - just highlighting a nicely designed app that acknowledges the fact that watch interactions are meant to be brief and easy.

(P.S. If anyone wonders why I use Swarm, I like having a log of everywhere I've been, that I can view on a global map, and also populates a history in Foursquare so I can leave tips/reviews/ratings to further improve foursquare recommendations).

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the force touch tip.

I couldn't figure out how to change places either. It seems to consistently pick the wrong place for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.