Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iameatingjam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2005
For my ipod nano, I want to watch some flash movies on it. But in order to convert to ipod I need avi files. Quicktime converts them without sound, and ffmpegX doesn't work at all, any ideas? Thanks.

iameatingjam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Have you tried running the avi through DivXDoctor (or whatever it's called) first?

I don't get it, I don't have a avi, thats what I am trying ot make XD

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Why do you need AVI files to convert to iPod? Are you saying you lose sound when you export an FLA from flash as a .mov? Because if that's the case, something's probably wrong with your Flash files.

.fla > .mov > iSquint/ffmpeg > iPod

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
I know what this is about as I have the same problem myself. The op wants to take a published .swf file and convert it to an .avi format for viewing on an iPod, but the conversion results in no sound. I can't see any publish settings in Flash other than "Protect from import" that might have an effect, but either way the published .swf can't be converted with the sound intact. Might be a copy protection thing, but I'd be interested if anyone has a workaround for this.

whoooaaahhhh

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2006
Pasadena, CA
Avi?

I'm pretty sure that the iPod won't play AVI files...AVI is the Windows based container file, Quicktime is specifically designed for macs. The iPod supports m4v and mp4 only I think. Divx is definitely NOT supported, that's a proprietary codec.

iameatingjam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2005
whoooaaahhhh said:
I'm pretty sure that the iPod won't play AVI files...AVI is the Windows based container file, Quicktime is specifically designed for macs. The iPod supports m4v and mp4 only I think. Divx is definitely NOT supported, that's a proprietary codec.

I'm not a complete idiot. Ipod NANO ONLY plays AVI files, I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about the ipod video. If you have no idea what I'm talking about... there's a video player in ipod linux that plays a certain kind of uncompressed avi files on any kind of ipod.

decksnap said:
Why do you need AVI files to convert to iPod? Are you saying you lose sound when you export an FLA from flash as a .mov? Because if that's the case, something's probably wrong with your Flash files.

.fla > .mov > iSquint/ffmpeg > iPod

I mean a swf file, not fla. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.