Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
When I wake up the device, I found Swipe left opens the Camera App.

What is the gesture swipe right supposed to do. I get an empty screen with a search box at the top. Is that the default?

Can either swipe be changed?

Thanks~

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina

What is the gesture swipe right supposed to do. I get an empty screen with a search box at the top. Is that the default?

Thanks~
Swipe right includes quick actions. You can add your widgets there and can edit the appearance of some of them. Starting with iOS 14 that area of the phone got a big redesign with widgets being able to be added on the home screen with customizable size. And to my knowledge you cannot change what swiping right and swiping left gives you.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

Thanks~
Swipe right gives you what's called the Today View which is mainly an area where widgets can be added and used. It can be set up as being accessible or not accessible when the device is locked (when unlocked it's always accessible by swiping right when you are on your main/first home screen). It's also accessible if you bring down your Notification Center (also something that is always accessible while unlocked and controllable when locked) and swipe right there.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I found a site that described how to create a Memory for the widget from an album.
Just have to figure out how to have it display as a slide show.

this was my goal, to access a slide show with a single gesture.
[automerge]1593373699[/automerge]
I believe it first began around the time of iOS 7 if I’m not mistaken.

Perhaps iPad only?
I have an iPad w/6 and an iPhone w/ 8 and neither have such.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I found a site that described how to create a Memory for the widget from an album.
Just have to figure out how to have it display as a slide show.

this was my goal, to access a slide show with a single gesture.
[automerge]1593373699[/automerge]

Perhaps iPad only?
I have an iPad w/6 and an iPhone w/ 8 and neither have such.
Should be there since iOS 7 or 8 (it looks a bit different on the iPads compared to iPhone).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.