Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegas702living

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
Hi. New to ipads. I just purchased a iPad mini 6. Was wondering how to enable the swipe texting on the keyboard. Thanks for your time. Also is there anyway to make the Facebook app dark mode? I can't find that option on there. Only whole device dark mode. But doesn't change the Facebook app.

Reactions: Lcgiv

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
I don't have an iPad currently, but I'm thinking these two questions would have the same answer as on an iPhone. On iPhone, you go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Slide to Type (enable). As for the Facebook App, tap the "Menu" icon (three horizontal lines) at the bottom of the app, then Settings & privacy > Dark Mode > On

Vegas702living

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
I don't have an iPad currently, but I'm thinking these two questions would have the same answer as on an iPhone. On iPhone, you go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Slide to Type (enable). As for the Facebook App, tap the "Menu" icon (three horizontal lines) at the bottom of the app, then Settings & privacy > Dark Mode > On
Thank you for you reply. I already looked for any kind of setting to enable Swype or slide on keyboard options. Nothing available. And as far as the Facebook app. It's missing the dark mode option as well.. hmm

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Thank you for you reply. I already looked for any kind of setting to enable Swype or slide on keyboard options. Nothing available. And as far as the Facebook app. It's missing the dark mode option as well.. hmm

I don't understand. According to what I read online, both of your desired goals are possible on iPad just as I described. Read these and try one more time:

EDIT: Ok, I just saw where they say you must be using the floating keyboard on iPad in order for slide to type to work.

Vegas702living

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
I don't understand. According to what I read online, both of your desired goals are possible on iPad just as I described. Read these and try one more time:

EDIT: Ok, I just saw where they say you must be using the floating keyboard on iPad in order for slide to type to work.
Ok. Yeah the pinch approach worked. Now
the dark mode issue. Lol I don't have the dark mode option visible on the app.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Yep, QuickPath (swiping) is only available on the floating keyboard. You cannot swipe on the large/full-sized keyboard.

Also, Facebook does not have dark mode on the iPad app despite what the linked article above says. It's only available on the iPhone. Dark mode is available if you use Facebook in a browser though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.